Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Thing the Skiboard Community Is Missing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Thing the Skiboard Community Is Missing...

It's a review site. It may sound weird but it's definetely true. I'd be more then willing to do one, but I would need help setting up the layout and stuff. But yea a review site would be awesome. We would review boards, bindings, googles, accessories, and anything else you could think of including mountains/resorts. The only problem is that we would need mad sponsoring from companies to send us stuff ever year so we could review them. But I'm sure some of you can pull a few strings and make it happen. Anyways if anyone is interested, post here and we'll talk.

Edit: I wanted to tell you why i thought of this. I noticed being a newbie in the sport(but quickly heading up in the ranks), when i wanted to purchase my first boards, no one had a good review on them. Sure skiboards.com has some reviews but their terrible and some of them don't even make sense. We could have like a couple of riders, including myself writing for the site, and then viewer submitted reviews. It has a lot of potential. Especially for online retailers like SBOL.
    Last edited by Vitulla; 01-29-2004, 03:57 PM.

You'd need someone who's ridden a lot of different boards to be able to compare them... I mean you can't say a pair of boards kick ass on the landings, or work in the pipe, unless you've had experience with other boards to compare them to. Hehe...make a name for yourself and maybe they'll start sending you free stuff to review!
    ...unlikely.
    ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

Nah i picture it in a diffrent way. I'm not planning to compare, in that sense. I would plan to review each board on for example: carving, riding fakie, tricks, rails, speed, moguls...etc. And as long as I'm supported by one company, the other's will follow. I think of it like this. It isn't like the vido game world were companies have to send hundreds of copy's to reviewers. It would be a very small amount of reviewers that would get it for the skiboarding community.

Comment

i like the idea i think it would help a lot of people because i see posts here and on the skiboards.com forum all the time about what to get. i'd help out.

Comment

Vitulla, my point was, you can't know whether a board is good at carving unless you've ridden a whole lot of other boards so you have a frame of reference.
          ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

ohhh my bad, I read your post wrong. Yes, what you said is totally true, for example being able to give the strong and weak points of board. It still is do-able but it will just take a lot more time out with these boards and talking with public relations of companies.

Comment

I agree it will take a lot of time, but I think there should be a place were people critique things such as what Virtue said. I think that we just need to take time to write out our thoughts on things just not " LINE IS THE BEST , CANON SUX!!" for example
              Live life to the fullest...

Comment

i could create a "reviews" section in this message board, then we could all post individual topics once we check out things.

Comment

I was thinking of the same thing when I started a thread about collecting skiboards. I wanted to see how many people had more than one type of board and if they ridden them a lot, how each would compare to the others. Those people are the ones whose opinions matter more than the ones who have just one board, or had one, and replaced it with another.

Whatever happens, a skiboard review section would definately be nice, and very helpful to EVERYONE. It also encourages people who make the boards to try to improve their current designs, and for new manufacturers to get an idea of what they want to build.
                  Snow Jam 90TT

Comment

yea, the forums does help, I was just thinking of having like selected people writing them on an actual site. Having visitor submitted reviews can be put on these forums as they already are

Comment

if you have a basic idea of how you would want the site to look i could make it.

Comment

what about working with skiboardingmagazine.com? i know canon sent them some of the new boards to test.

g

Comment

I want to be able to test out these new boards... Greco hook me up brotha!
                          Live life to the fullest...

Comment

sure thing. send $175 and you got it!

Comment

hahahahaha...nice one greco.Anyways I'll talk to skiboardmagazine when i get back from sauveur this weekend.so that would be monday, but i would like to be an site where i don't have to depend on others. I would be willing to put up banners of SBOL...we'll work something out when it's more concrete...talk to everyone sunday night/monday
                              Last edited by Vitulla; 01-30-2004, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X