Westfest (Utah) 2019 Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westfest (Utah) 2019 Videos

Here are all of the videos from Westfest 2019, taking place January 22 - 27. We spent 6 days riding 5 resorts in Utah, spending two days at Park City / Canyons, and one day each at Snowbird, Alta, Solitude and Brighton. At our highest numbers, we had nearly 20 skiboarders!

Thanks to everyone who made the trek. Reconnecting each year makes these events even more fun. Westfest 2020 will take place March 2 - 6. We hope to see some new faces!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hey Courtney! Your videos look amazing! Thanks for sharing... Ironically, my ski club will be in Utah the same week Westfest is taking place in 2020. I'm the only skiboarder in my ski club, so I would love to meet up with y'all while I'm there. Will there be an itinerary as to which resorts you will be at on each day? Also, you seem to be really comfortable on your Blunt XLs in that POW... I have a pair of Crossbows and a pair of Sherpa's. Which would you recommend for those types of conditions? I'm on the East coast and I rarely get to ski in that type of POW, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hey Robert, that’s awesome you’ll be out there at the same time - we’ll definitely have to meet up! I love riding the Blunt XLs - this is exactly the type of stuff they were made for. We’ve had people ride the Sherpas and Crossbows with us in Utah and they seem to do great as well. Ultimately it all comes down to what you feel most comfortable and confident on. The longer boards can be tough when we get into tighter trees, but skiers tend not to go there anyway

We haven’t finalized a resort schedule yet, but that will all shake out in the months to come. We’re planning to ride Monday, March 2 - Friday, March 6 and we're looking at the following resorts (in no particular order): Park City, Snowbasin, Brighton, Alta (or Deer Valley) and Snowbird. Does your club have a schedule in place yet?

Comment

Thanks for the info! No, my club doesn't have a schedule in place yet, but we all have Ikon passes, so we will only be at the Ikon resorts around SLC. I'll look for your schedule in a few months, and I'll definitely plan on being present for one or two of your Westfest outings.

P.S. Do you intentionally not show yourself in your videos? If it's intentional as a way to add a mystique to your riding, it's working! Just subscribed to your YouTube Channel with hopes of catching a glimpse at what you look like... Couldn't find a video in which POV shots were not used. If there was one, I didn't know it was you... LOL. I love your videos and your riding style! Keep up the good work!

Comment

https://youtu.be/XTktDuqoBAc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

I'm usually wearing my camera, so you don't see a lot of me in my own videos, but there are a few out there

Glad you've enjoyed the videos - thanks for watching!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                      https://youtu.be/XTktDuqoBAc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy
                      Love the RVL8 Clown Shoes. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                      171cm/190lbs
                      Current Favorites:
                      RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                      Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                      Other boards I'm trying:
                      Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Working...
                      X