Condors with set back inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condors with set back inserts

Great day yesterday testing out my Condors with custom inserts that allow 3 cm set back with my Spruce risers.
    I wanted to duplicate the type of set back that is currently present on stock Spliff and Stickies. I originally wanted to put in the same insert pattern that is on those boards , but the tech at my local shop felt that there was not enough board depth to put in the top mounted inserts to put them them where they are in the other RVL8 boards . Instead we put them exactly 3cm to the rear of the factory rear insert on the board which allows attachment through the second to the last set of holes on the risers . You can see how the attachment goes on the pictures below and also my insert pattern compared to the stock Sticky pattern. This allows for the exact same set back that you get on the other RVL8 boards with the front holes on the riser aligned with the first factory insert on the board. The Condor version I used was the current stock biaxial fiberglass stiffer Condor that is currently on sale on the store . I used to be a Condor fanatic , then switched to the RC's , and later to the Spliffs , but this set up could just make me a Condor fanatic again. The Condor is a non rockered cambered board and it carves like a maniac on firm snow . The Spruce riser puts you up higher then a non releaser and really helps get the board on edge . The 3cm set back does not seem to interfere with getting a nice edge without having to lean too far forward in firm snow to engage the tips . In soft snow the 3cm set back is a huge help even without rocker to get those tips up without having to lean back on your heels . Even though the Condor dimensions are not that much bigger then the Spliffs , I seem to get significantly more float in soft snow then the Spliff. Revisiting a classic board in a new way was great and this set up could make the Condor my favorite skiboard once again. I hope that Greco can offer the next product run of the Condor with the same set back inserts he has on the Spliffs and the Stickies !!!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

That was my secret with my soft green/yellow Condors. 4 cm setback using a custom made riser. (Two 4x4 patterns)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

The people that have powder plates should try them on their older boards. It will add a new dimension.
      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
        The people that have powder plates should try them on their older boards. It will add a new dimension.
        Yes , and I think that the Sticky and Spliff type insert pattern allowing for a 3cm set back with the Spruce riser would be nice to be standard on the DLPs and Revolts as well . Really just allows these boards to be more versatile in soft snow for those riding risers and not having legs of steel to lean back all the time .
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
          Yes , and I think that the Sticky and Spliff type insert pattern allowing for a 3cm set back with the Spruce riser would be nice to be standard on the DLPs and Revolts as well . Really just allows these boards to be more versatile in soft snow for those riding risers and not having legs of steel to lean back all the time .

NOOOO... don't do anything to the DLP's that will cause me to screw around with them. They are great for me center mounted. LOL
          Skis/Skiboards:
          2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
          2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
          2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
          2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
          20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
          2012 Salomon SPK 90
          2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
          2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
            NOOOO... don't do anything to the DLP's that will cause me to screw around with them. They are great for me center mounted. LOL
            You have young legs. If you come here and ski our deep Sierra cement you'll want options.
            Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
            Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
            Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
            History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
              You have young legs. If you come here and ski our deep Sierra cement you'll want options.
              One of these days I will make it off the East/Ice Coast and ski out with you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Skis/Skiboards:
              2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
              2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
              2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
              2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
              20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
              2012 Salomon SPK 90
              2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
              2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
                I used to think that riding any way other than center was skiboard sacrilege. Nowadays since I'm old and falling apart, I have to ride all my boards setback. It's the only way I can continue riding.
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Working...
                X