My new toy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy's

Just wanted to give a message of thanks to Greco for all of his help.

I received the packages today and I am highly impressed. Everything arrived well packaged and after going through everything I stared at the attention to detail and was very pleased with my purchases. I actually had a friend over my house as I was unpacking them and he was seriously impressed also (traditional ski person) I think you might have a new customer with him next season.

It's 48 degrees over here in NYC and it ridiculous. NYC hasn't seen not even 6 inches this whole winter. I'm praying I can make it to a mountain (Windham) before the end of the season.

I wanted to add pics but cant seem to get them uploaded. I'm sure I am trying to do it correctly but have nothing showing in the albums section after uploading.

Anyway, I'll keep trying and hopefully I can get them up here soon. Also wanted to thank jjue for the input for the double boa situation. I can see what you were saying. The side boas are totally covered by the wings and shouldn't be an issue. I wish I could upload pics and will try later.

Also I would like to thank everyone here that gives input here in this forum. I think I have read almost every post since the beginning in order to learn all of the different types of equipment and "fixes"

Eventually I hope I can help out other new people into the RVL8 family. My goal is to at least have 2 converts into skiboarding

Use TapaTalk to upload images.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by joechoi74 View Post
      ...It's 48 degrees over here in NYC and it ridiculous. NYC hasn't seen not even 6 inches this whole winter. I'm praying I can make it to a mountain (Windham) before the end of the season....
      Don't let the weather in the City fool you. It's been plenty cold to make snow in the mountains and they have gotten snow as recent as early this week with a few inches on the way this weekend. It's currently 25 at my cabin that is between Jack Frost and Camelback. While the coverage in the trees might not be great most resorts have 100% of their trails open. Come on up and test the new gear out.

If you can skip work tomorrow Jack Frost has $9.33 lift tickets (advance purchase online).
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Hey Wookie, I am actually considering JF/BB besides Windham. I heard the snow is much better west from NYC.
        I hope I make the right choice. 2 kids (10 and 12yrs) = 4 pair of hard ski boots to carry and 2 pairs of skis to top it off the gear I need to carry. That's one of the reasons I bought my wife Sticky Icky's, so I need to choose wisely if I need to suffer so much.

Once my kids stop growing, I plan an turning them towards skiboards, so I hope that they are still around during that time.

Comment

Questions

Maybe you guys can help me with something I cant figure out.

I noticed a lever on the back of the soft binding. Was wondering what that does, as I have released it and really didn't notice anything at all.

The boards come waxed and will use them but curious if you had any recommendations for when I need to re-apply?

I plan on chamfering them tomorrow and do I need to put any type of seal coating? Just being careful of any damage I might to both pairs.

Comment

Just putting up pics I took when I was unboxing.

As for the double boa, I don't see any issue in the future as there is plenty of space there in between the wings.

The last pic is of the small latch I mentioned before. Anyone know the use?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the forward lean adjustment on the high back.

Comment

Thanks. Never dealt with snowboard boots or bindings before. I learned I need to adjust a few things.

Should the toe straps should be covering the front or over the boot?

Do I need to adjust angles on the binding? I figured zero is the way it was setup, so I shouldn't need to do anything?

Comment

Originally posted by joechoi74 View Post
                  Thanks. Never dealt with snowboard boots or bindings before. I learned I need to adjust a few things.

Should the toe straps should be covering the front or over the boot?

Do I need to adjust angles on the binding? I figured zero is the way it was setup, so I shouldn't need to do anything?
                  Most adjustments are personal choice depended on riding style. I prefer the top strap to the front of the boot so it keep my heel securely in the cup, but I think most go over?

Comment

After adjusting binding straps and cleaning up I noticed this little gap. I was wondering if I should fill it in with anything? Small gap of empty space that I can fit a pen in. I don't know what's inside but after reading about the boards I think it's a wood core?

I don't mind but I read in some other posts about water intrusion that can cause some future problems.

If f I should fill it in, what should I use? Crazy glue? Hot glue gun? Nail polish?

I might sound neurotic, but want these to last so my 2 boys can use them when I get new ones in the future.

Comment

I would definitely fill it - marine epoxy is a great thing to have on hand for repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^I'll second Macro. He recommended G/flex 650 to me a year or two ago. I had some serious chipping on the edges of the topsheets of my Blunts. So far, I'm sold on it. It's pretty easy to work with and has held up well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        171cm/190lbs
                        Current Favorites:
                        RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                        Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                        Other boards I'm trying:
                        Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

If they are brand new and unused call Greco before you attempt any home repairs. It's hard to tell from the picture if it's structural or just cosmetic.

Comment

Thanks for the help and advice. I just sent Greco an email and will await his response.

Comment

After doing some research on other people's skiboard I think it's normal. Haven't received a reply yet from email I sent.

After checking out other pics from other people I think it's just that this gap is a but bigger where the two ends meet.
                              I don't want to be a PIA to anyone so I'm just gonna put in some filler and seal it. Preventative maintenance before the problem or might be maintenance before any problem existed.
                              Going this upcoming week to test them out and hopefully my wife can get used to them quick.

Will get them on my two boys soon and if they like them, I'll most likely be giving Greco a call again. My kids just hate using rentals and I hate carrying all that awkward ski gear around.

Any recommendations? Oldest is 14 yrs 5'7 and 125 lbs. Youngest is 11 yrs 5'2 and 110 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X