My day at Mt. Rose Ski/Tahoe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My day at Mt. Rose Ski/Tahoe.

Spent yesterday at Mt. Rose/Ski Tahoe. I took three snow sliding devices with me. First up is the Spruce Sherpas. I love the Sherpas for powder, but they're not my favorite boards for when the runs get skied off and slick. This is the last run I took on the Sherpas before switching to skis (yes, I said skis). Two more videos to come.

Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

So this goes with my previous video where I spent yesterday at Mt. Rose/Ski Tahoe. When I last left you, I had done my final run on the Spruce Sherpas and was heading to my Jeep to get my skis. This video is the last run I took on those skis (Blizzard Regulators 165 cm). By this point I was tired and bored with skiing. Skis are great for stability, speed, and the extra glide they provide; but unfortunately skis do not have the same fun factor for me that skiboards have. After this run, I returned to my Jeep to switch out to Spruce Crossbows.

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Third and final video from yesterday at Mt. Rose/Ski Tahoe. Here I'm on the boards that have become real favorites of mine, the Spruce Crossbows. Immediately after switching to them from my skis, the fun factor returns. I can make skis work for me, but they just don't feel completely right like skiboards do.

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

My day at Mt. Rose Ski/Tahoe.

Thx Scott for the videos. Watching them is the closest I will get to the mountains this season.

It is also my first look at Mt Rose. Nice local resort for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Working...
        X