PA/NJ/NY/MD Meetup at Jack Frost/Big Boulder -- Interest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA/NJ/NY/MD Meetup at Jack Frost/Big Boulder -- Interest Thread

Trying to gauge interest in a meet-up at Jack Frost and/or Big Boulder in PA. I am a season pass holder for Peaks Resorts which owns JFBB and regularly rider at both resorts. We are still a few days away from the start of the season but the snow is falling and the guns are running so the season is close. BB may actually open this Friday

Since there seem to be a good group of riders within a a short drive to JFBB I wanted to see if there is any interest in a meet-up once the season kicks off.

For those of you that are local but don't know these hills they tend to be less crowded than other hills closer to Philly and New York. JF provides a great mix of terrain from easy flats to steeper runs but is not great for park riding. Big Boulder is essentially on giant park with about 50% of the runs groomed into terrain features of every shape and size. JF does not have night skiing but a ticket to one resort gets you admission to both so many riders will start their day at JF ride through midafternon and then head to BB for night riding.

Resort link: https://www.jfbb.com/

To help facilitate this meet-up I would be happy to help organize the event. Also, my community nearby has a ski club that gets JFBB vouchers for $5 off daily price and JFBB typically has a Black Friday deal that offers undated tickets for as much as 50% off.

Anyone interested?
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
    Trying to gauge interest in a meet-up at Jack Frost and/or Big Boulder in PA. I am a season pass holder for Peaks Resorts which owns JFBB and regularly rider at both resorts. We are still a few days away from the start of the season but the snow is falling and the guns are running so the season is close. BB may actually open this Friday

Since there seem to be a good group of riders within a a short drive to JFBB I wanted to see if there is any interest in a meet-up once the season kicks off.

For those of you that are local but don't know these hills they tend to be less crowded than other hills closer to Philly and New York. JF provides a great mix of terrain from easy flats to steeper runs but is not great for park riding. Big Boulder is essentially on giant park with about 50% of the runs groomed into terrain features of every shape and size. JF does not have night skiing but a ticket to one resort gets you admission to both so many riders will start their day at JF ride through midafternon and then head to BB for night riding.

Resort link: https://www.jfbb.com/

To help facilitate this meet-up I would be happy to help organize the event. Also, my community nearby has a ski club that gets JFBB vouchers for $5 off daily price and JFBB typically has a Black Friday deal that offers undated tickets for as much as 50% off.

Anyone interested?
    I’m in...
    I’ll be at Mt. Snow 1/27-1/29, so just not those dates. Thursday’s suck for me as well.
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
    2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

I’m in as well.

That’s sounds awesome. I can make it too except for December 12- Jan 3rd. Free on weekends only. Let me know when you guys can make it

Comment

Anyone in the Ohio Area up for a road trip to Jack Frost? Timing isn't a big deal, but I am so ready to go skiing....

Comment

I'd be game if the timing works out.

Comment

[Ill be in Pittsburgh for mpst of Jan/Feb if anyone wants to go to 7 Springs. Not sure i can make it all the way to JFBB

Comment

Are you doing it on a weekend?
              What airport would I fly into ? Could someone pick me up and take me skiing ? I might fly out from California , as long as it’s not at the same time when all of the other meetups are going on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                Are you doing it on a weekend?
                What airport would I fly into ? Could someone pick me up and take me skiing ? I might fly out from California , as long as it’s not at the same time when all of the other meetups are going on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy
                There is an airport 5 minutes from my house. AVP is airport code.
                Skis/Skiboards:
                2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
                2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
                2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
                2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
                20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
                2012 Salomon SPK 90
                2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
                2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

I know this is last minute, but is anyone planning on riding anywhere in PA this Saturday?

I was toying with the idea of a trip to Elk.
                  RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

With this storm coming I’m not sure if the roads are going to cooperate. I’ve never been to Elk. About a 2 hour drive which ain’t too bad. More likely JFBB but I’m going to watch the weather and I’ll post if I’m going.

Comment

I’ll be at Elk today with my wife and tomorrow with my two kids. I don’t plan on it being a long day since I have to pack for Westfest (depart Monday first thing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One note of caution regarding Elk on Saturday. This morning’s forecast has it snowing at a rate of 1-2” per hour beginning at 3:30pm Saturday and sustaining at that rate for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Great skiing, but be sure you are ready to sleep in your car [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It sounds like some people may be at JF/BB, so if I go anywhere, I'll probably head there. Ironically, Tom, the first time we get to ride together will be in another time zone

Yeah, the travel thing could be iffy. It's about three hours to Elk and two to JF/BB. My concern would be the drive home since the precipitation is predicted to turn to a mix in my area. I'll drive in snow all day, but I'm not a fan of ice.
                          RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                            Ironically, Tom, the first time we get to ride together will be in another time zone
                            Looking forward to meeting you in Utah!

Comment

I’ll be at JF tomorrow (Sat 1/19) riding with my kids. Likely there from first chair until midday. Trying to bug out before storm gets too bad.

If anyone hits JF look for a tall skiboarder in an orange jacket riding Spruce Crossbows with two teens.
                              Boards:
                              2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                              2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                              2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                              2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                              2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                              2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                              2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                              2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
                              X