Skiboard Connection - Colorado, February 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiboard Connection - Colorado, February 2019

We're planning the second annual meet in Colorado - The Skiboard Connection!

We'll be riding mid-week to avoid the crowds. This is the perfect event for those looking to put their Epic Pass to use!

Riding dates and resorts
    Monday, Feb 4 - Keystone
    Tuesday, Feb 5 - Vail
    Wednesday, Feb 6 - A Basin
    Thursday, Feb 7 - Beaver Creek
    Friday, Feb 8 - Breckenridge

Note: Specific resorts on specific days are not set in stone at this point. We'd love to hear any feedback or suggestions.

Passes and lift tickets
    If you don't have an Epic pass, your best option at this point is likely the Vail 4-pack which gives you the flexibility of choosing any 4 Vail-owned resorts. This means we can switch up the schedule as needed to go where the best snow is falling. As for A Basin, Liftopia often has good deals and you might be able to find a decent price on the resort's website directly.

Lodging options
    The home base for this meet is the Silverthorne / Dillon area. This provides quick access to the highway, restaurants and shopping.

Last year we got a great deal at the Quality Inn in Silverthorne ($99 / night). As of right now, prices are quite a bit higher.

I booked a refundable room at the Luxury Inn in Silverthorne (rates starting at $97 / night). It looks a bit more dated than other options in the area, but with a refundable rate it's easy to switch things up as needed if a better deal comes along.

The Best Western in Dillion also has some decent rates right now (starting at $112 / night).

Travel
    Arrival: I plan to drive from Minneapolis to Silverthorne Sunday, February 3. I should be able to fit a couple people in my car and would be happy to pick up at the airport if timing works out.

Departure: I'll be making the trek back to Minneapolis the morning of Saturday, February 9. I can drop folks off at the airport for morning or afternoon flights, but will probably want to hit the road no later than 7am.

Role call
    If you're interested, let us know! You can also RSVP to the event on Facebook.

Confirmed
    Courtney
    Alan (local)
    Tom
    Ukuvox
    noties

If you remind me of this... I’m totally down for keystone and a basin as that’s the pass I got this year:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

I’m in too, air and hotel is booked.
      Let’s hope we get some good snow and a nice crowd .
      Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

Since I got an EPIC pass this year, I'm going to try and hit this.

According to Courtney's spreadsheet, average attendance is only 5? Is that a typo or maybe a new meetup just getting started?

Comment

Originally posted by noties View Post
          Since I got an EPIC pass this year, I'm going to try and hit this.

According to Courtney's spreadsheet, average attendance is only 5? Is that a typo or maybe a new meetup just getting started?
          Last year was our first year, so should be growing from here [emoji16]

Comment

Sweet! This'll be my first skiboard meet-up so I'm excited.

Think i'm going to be able to hit up Shredfest as well!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by noties View Post
              Sweet! This'll be my first skiboard meet-up so I'm excited.

Think i'm going to be able to hit up Shredfest as well!

Thanks.
              What epic pass did you get ? I got the Tahoe local one, gives me all the Tahoe I can handle plus the 5 days in Colorado and some other places as well

Comment

I bought the full EPIC pass. Was planning to hit Whistler and/or Park City trips with friends this year so it just made sense.

Looking forward to finally making a skiboard trip. All my friends snowboard :/

Comment

Nice. Last year was my first time with the meet ups. Well worth the days off from work. I missed this one in Colorado and it sounded like it was a blast .
                  Almost time to get in ski shape , I don’t want to be huffing and puffing and the one with my legs on fire coming down the hills. Hope to meet you out there .
                  Tom

Comment

I have a little change in my schedule so I've updated my travel details in the first post.

We have several people who have expressed interest in attending. If you're confirmed and have travel plans let us know so we can get you on the list and coordinate carpools and airport pickups as needed. Renting a car can get expensive and it's always hit and miss trying to get something with AWD. Don't want to get stuck at either end of the mountain if there are road restrictions while we're there.

Comment

So my flight gets me in to Denver at 10:36am on Sunday , anyone able to help with transpo around that time?
                      Tom

I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post

. Renting a car can get expensive and it's always hit and miss trying to get something with AWD. Don't want to get stuck at either end of the mountain if there are road restrictions while we're there.
                        On this topic.. the law here in Colorado says you have to have either awd or snow tires and chains or they can, by law, prevent you from driving up
                        There. They obviously would not know unless you get in an accident ( god forbid). But in that event the fine is in the thousands of dollars, plus paying for clean up/ rescue

33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

So I've been scrambling to make it to a skiboarding event this year and it looks like Colorado (for the 6th-8th) is the one that will work. But how well will a novice such as myself do in this situation? I don't want to hold anyone else back on their vacation. 🤔
                          Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
                          Spruce 120's (they served me well)
                          Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
                            So I've been scrambling to make it to a skiboarding event this year and it looks like Colorado (for the 6th-8th) is the one that will work. But how well will a novice such as myself do in this situation? I don't want to hold anyone else back on their vacation. 樂
                            Please join us! No one will be left behind

Comment

To echo Courtney, come on out! Everyone is just there to have a good time and ride together!

The Skiboard Connection
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/

Comment

Working...
                              X