Skiboard Connection - Colorado, February 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a proposal

So (as previously mentioned) I'll be riding on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with Wednesday on a Skki (because that's where my greater skill level lies). Rather than bring mine with me, I'm going to be renting from someone I know locally.
    My question to you: would anyone else be interested in trying something different that day? He has both Trikke Skkis and Sno-Gos available for rent. I figured I'd check with you all first so I could let him know when I contact him to rent mine.

Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
    Spruce 120's (they served me well)
    Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
      My question to you: would anyone else be interested in trying something different that day? He has both Trikke Skkis and Sno-Gos available for rent. I figured I'd check with you all first so I could let him know when I contact him to rent mine.
      I'd be up for trying something different if others are. It would also depend on the conditions. If it turns out to be a powder day, I don't think these devices would do well.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        I'd be up for trying something different if others are. It would also depend on the conditions. If it turns out to be a powder day, I don't think these devices would do well.
        I can tell you from personal experience that the older models (like mine) can be kind of rough on powder. The front ski just doesn't have enough float. That lead to some buddies and I a few years ago on a trip to Oregon either going over the handlebars or falling over to stop high-speed wheelies! There really were no other options for getting down that run. Days like that are what prompted my ongoing project to find a larger front ski...which then lead to my discovery of skiboards!

I've heard that the newer models of the Skki (which my friend rents) have better powder manners, but I haven't had a chance to ride one yet. I have no idea how the Sno-Go behaves in powder.
        Trikke Skki

Comment

Do you take those skkis in the trees? I did see that’s where they skied the most last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

I asked Dave (the guy with the rentals) about trees and powder. Here's his reply.
            "I don't ride trees myself, but in my view the Trikke is like a "beach cruiser" and the SnoGo is a "racing bike" due to the upright vs. crouched stance respectively. Also the SnoGo has RockShox air suspension in the front fork, and in combination with shorter handlebar height I think it is more responsive edge-to-edge in leaning the frame. I can't really address powder performance but I think both vehicles could get a little "draggy" in deeper powder with snow impinging on the frame."

Another local (Richard) has this to say.
            "It's better on groomed snow but if you ski well you can do well in trees, if they are not to tight. Deep powder ok but rider error, shifting your weight to far forward will bog the front ski. To far back and you have less control."
            Trikke Skki

Comment

I’m confirmed for Monday and Tuesday. Will drive up Monday morning and staying in Silverthorne Monday night.

If anyone staying in Summit County needs a ride to the resort Monday morning, I can swing by and pick you up.

For those flying in without a ride to the mountains, Epic has a shuttle from the airport:

https://www.epicmountainexpress.com/

Looks like it’s $59-$79 per person each way to Silverthorne, Frisco, Breck, Keystone. A little bit more to get to Vail/Beaver Creek.

Couldn’t find info on discounts for Epic Pass holders, but they might be out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2013 KTP
              2018 SII
              2019 Blunt XL

Comment

So with that football game being played on the Sunday before our first day of skiing , does anyone know of a fun place to watch the game in the silverthorne area ?
                Anyone getting in on Sunday that want to get together to watch the game ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

i don't know Silverthorne all that well, but i'm pretty sure you could watch the game at the Dam Brewery.
                  2013 KTP
                  2018 SII
                  2019 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by Webby View Post
                    I plan on joining for at least a day or two. Probably some combination of Monday/Tuesday/Friday. I'm in Denver and have an Epic Pass. I can help if anyone needs buddy passes or ski with a friend passes.

Looking forward to my first official meet up!
                    I'm not sure how the buddy/ski-with-a-friend passes work. Do you need to be present? Because it looks like you'll be there on Monday and Tuesday and I need them for Thursday and Friday.
                    Trikke Skki

Comment

Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
                      I'm not sure how the buddy/ski-with-a-friend passes work. Do you need to be present? Because it looks like you'll be there on Monday and Tuesday and I need them for Thursday and Friday.
                      Yes, the pass holder needs to be present. You take your friend into the lift office and get the tickets. I have an epic pass and I should have 4 x buddy/SWAF tickets left on my pass. I'll be there Wed-Fri so you should be fine.

Comment

OK, thanks!
                        Trikke Skki

Comment

So when and where is the meet-up for Wednesday (A-Basin)? The guy with the Trikkes and Sno-Gos is going to meet me up there and I wanted to give him some idea of when to be there. Also, if anyone else is interested, they're $60 per day and if you're not sure which you want to try, you can swap and try both for the single rental fee.
                          Trikke Skki

Comment

A Basin lifts run from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. We typically try to arrive early to ensure decent parking. Spots can fill up quickly, especially if it happens to be a powder day.

I'd suggest trying to meet up with him no later than 8:30 - but even earlier if he's willing. We park in the early bird parking lot right at the base of the mountain. Meeting at the ticket window is generally an easy way to find folks.

Comment

What’s the meet up plan for Monday? Is the plan still Keystone?

Also for those staying in Silverthorne / Dillon, I’ll be driving up from Denver Monday morning and can pick up those without a ride.

2013 KTP
                              2018 SII
                              2019 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by Webby View Post
                                What’s the meet up plan for Monday? Is the plan still Keystone?

Also for those staying in Silverthorne / Dillon, I’ll be driving up from Denver Monday morning and can pick up those without a ride.

Nice , I think there’s a few of us at the quality inn , maybe that can be a meeting point ?

Comment

Working...
                                X