No announcement yet.

Shredfest 2019 - South Lake Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who have not bought their tickets yet for Sierra at Tahoe . There are nice discounted tickets now online on Liftopia for 72.45 for Wednesday Feb 27 th when we will be there.
    https://www.liftopia.com/purchase-pa...ate=2019-02-27

Lift price at the window is 105 dollars . So that is a good deal !
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Thanks for that reminder, I have 2 passes and neither one work for that resort.
      I was actually thinking of going to sqaw that day, but I’ve heard good things about Sierra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
        Thanks for that reminder, I have 2 passes and neither one work for that resort.
        I was actually thinking of going to sqaw that day, but I’ve heard good things about Sierra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Sierra has some of the best tree runs in Tahoe.
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
          Sierra has some of the best tree runs in Tahoe.
          And funny enough , I like tree skiing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

Speaking of tree runs at Sierra, I was there today, fantastic!
            PS for old folks ,sierra is 72 dollars at the ticket window for 65 to 69 years old, and 41 dollars for 70 and over!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
              For those who have not bought their tickets yet for Sierra at Tahoe . There are nice discounted tickets now online on Liftopia for 72.45 for Wednesday Feb 27 th when we will be there.
              https://www.liftopia.com/purchase-pa...ate=2019-02-27

Lift price at the window is 105 dollars . So that is a good deal !
              Thanks for the remainder and link to Liftopia. Just saved a bunch of money on four tickets!
              rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
              ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Snowy Shredfest!

The latest snow reports have changed to a snowier pattern for Shredfest, not mega amounts of snow but possible mild to moderate snow each day making for nice skiing conditions. . There is a break in the weather for the next several days which should be nice to allow folks to get into South lake Tahoe but then the snow will probably return . So far no change in the schedule of resorts . However if travel becomes difficult Tuesday , we may cancel Kirkwood on Tuesday in favor of another day at Heavenly. I will let everyone know on Monday the plans for Tuesday. Wednesday will still most likely remain at Sierra. Sunday will still be at Northstar and Monday at Heavenly . Here is the latest forecast

The NeverEnding Snow...
                Summary
                - The next cold system drops down from the north Wednesday into Thursday. Snow showers expected both days. We could see 3-7 inches of powdery snow over the 2 days. Highs still in the 20's. Ridgetop winds gusting to 40+ mph.

- Friday and Saturday should be cold and dry with some sun. Highs in the 20's on the mountains to low 30's at lake level.

- The next cold systems drop down from the north Saturday night into Sunday. This system could merge with moisture streaming in off the Pacific bringing heavier snow by Sunday night into Monday. We could see several inches pile up by Monday morning.

- We could see moisture continue to stream into northern CA Monday to Wednesday. Depending on how much moisture we see push in, we could see light to heavy amounts of snow.
                Boards :
                Boots
                Bindings:

Comment

Man, that was quick. Just yesterday the NOAA forecasts were for mid- to upper thirties and partly sunny.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  171cm/190lbs
                  Current Favorites:
                  RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                  Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                  Other boards I'm trying:
                  Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Getting closer...

Shredfest -almost here!

Any skiboarders who lives up in Tahoe or nearby know how the travel is (or may be) coming down from Reno?

Any recommendations of travel?

Comment

Originally posted by noties View Post
                      Shredfest -almost here!

Any skiboarders who lives up in Tahoe or nearby know how the travel is (or may be) coming down from Reno?

Any recommendations of travel?
                      travel into South Lake tahoe should be ok this weekend , Saturday not snowing and Sunday light snow . If driving up on Monday morning from Reno to meet at Heavenly roads might be dicier with chain controls and slow going as moderate snow expected Sunday night through Monday .
                      The best route to south tahoe is go south from Reno on 580 to Carson city and take Highway 50 towards the lake . about 1 hour and 20 minutes from reno

Remember the meeting place for Monday is the California Base lodge ticket booth at the Gunbarrel lift . NOT the Gondola near the Village at Stateline

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Reno...38.9346948!3e0

ps for those travelling from Reno to meet up on Sunday at Northstar travel should be ok with no snow or light snow . The best route is to take highway 80 from Reno and get off at highwary 267 toward lake tahoe , After skiing the best route to South tahoe from northstar is to take highwary 267 over brockway summit and then follow the road along the east side of the lake to South lake tahoe , Here are directions
                      Reno to Northstar
                      https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Reno...39.2745678!3e0

Northstar to South Lake Tahoe

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nort...d38.939926!3e0
                      Boards :
                      Boots
                      Bindings:

Comment

Winter Storm Warning Monday morning to Wednesday morning

Well the weather report has been getting progressively more snowy for Shredfest . We may end up being snowed in in South Lake Tahoe and may just stay at Heavenly for all three days Monday through Wednesday if the weather is very snowy . We will play it by ear ....... Winter Storm watch has been announced for Monday morning til Wednesday morning !
                        URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
                        National Weather Service Sacramento CA
                        323 PM PST Fri Feb 22 2019

...Hazardous Winter Travel Beginning this Weekend and into Next
                        Week...

.A series of winter storms will bring mountain snow, gusty winds
                        and hazardous mountain travel to northern California beginning
                        this weekend and lasting into next week. Snow will primarily occur
                        over the Shasta County mountains and portions of the coastal
                        range this weekend before spreading into the Sierra Sunday and
                        Monday. Snow levels will start out relatively low this weekend,
                        but will be rising early next week.

CAZ069-240000-
                        /O.NEW.KSTO.WS.A.0007.190225T1400Z-190227T2000Z/
                        West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada-
                        323 PM PST Fri Feb 22 2019

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH
                        WEDNESDAY MORNING ABOVE 5000 FEET...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Travel will be very difficult to
                        impossible. Total snow accumulations 5 to 12 inches around 5000
                        feet, 2 to 4 feet at the summits, and up to 5 feet higher
                        elevations.

* WHERE...West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada.

* WHEN...From Monday morning through Wednesday morning.

* SNOW LEVELS...near 4500 Monday morning, rising above 6000 feet
                        Wednesday.
                        Boards :
                        Boots
                        Bindings:

Comment

So will Liftopia refund money for not being able to get to Sierra?

Comment

^^Good question. I think I got my K'wood and Sierra tix from Liftopia.

171cm/190lbs
                            Current Favorites:
                            RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                            Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                            Other boards I'm trying:
                            Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                              So will Liftopia refund money for not being able to get to Sierra?

Not sure , you might want to check with them ,
                              Boards :
                              Boots
                              Bindings:

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
                                ^^Good question. I think I got my K'wood and Sierra tix from Liftopia.

Kirkwood and Heavenly are both owned by Vail , you might call Heavenly and see if they will honor a Kirkwood liftopia ticket for Tuesday if travel to kirkwood is difficult ...
                                Boards :
                                Boots
                                Bindings:

Comment

Working...
                                X