2019 Event Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Elk Jams in PA used to get a good turnout with Wookie, Macro and Bluewing leading the way, but it seems to have lost a little steam recently. I'm sure due to the miserable snowfall these last few seasons. There has never been a consistent east coast fest, probably because most riders want to come out west for the powder days places like Tahoe and Salt Lake promise.
    Hopefully we will have some decent snowfall this year and can do an Elkfest or even Blue Mountian down in the Lehigh Valley.
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
    2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
      I’m hoping the few of us Easterners can put something together for a day or two this winter.
      I am typically at my cabin near Jack Frost/Big Boulder most weekends if there is snow. When the season kicks off hit me up and we'll rally the troops. Maybe we can get DLP and Talon to show up so I can feel really old and really bad about my skills (or lack thereof).

Elk Jams in PA used to get a good turnout with Wookie, Macro and Bluewing leading the way, but it seems to have lost a little steam recently. I'm sure due to the miserable snowfall these last few seasons. There has never been a consistent east coast fest, probably because most riders want to come out west for the powder days places like Tahoe and Salt Lake promise.
      Miserable snowfall wasn't to blame. While East coast skiing can be hit or miss we actually got dumped on late last season. It's simply that Elk Jams is/was a four man meet up (Wookie, Macro, BlueWing, and Kocho). Last season I recall Macro headed West, BlueWing has dropped from the forum and only skis now, and, most tragically, we lost Kocho (Mihail) due to skiing accident. Frankly, after Kocho's death, the energy to organize things just wasn't there. We do owe it to him to connect again and remember our friend on the slopes. He loved connecting to trade gear and tryout new stuff so we should bring it back this season. Once the snow starts falling we'll pick a few dates.

Originally posted by mvhoffman View Post
      Hopefully we will have some decent snowfall this year and can do an Elkfest or even Blue Mountian down in the Lehigh Valley.
      Blue Mountain? God NO! There is a reason they call it ZOO MOUNTAIN. Unless you are thinking a midweek session let's avoid that mess if we can.
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
        I am typically at my cabin near Jack Frost/Big Boulder most weekends if there is snow. When the season kicks off hit me up and we'll rally the troops. Maybe we can get DLP and Talon to show up so I can feel really old and really bad about my skills (or lack thereof).

Miserable snowfall wasn't to blame. While East coast skiing can be hit or miss we actually got dumped on late last season. It's simply that Elk Jams is/was a four man meet up (Wookie, Macro, BlueWing, and Kocho). Last season I recall Macro headed West, BlueWing has dropped from the forum and only skis now, and, most tragically, we lost Kocho (Mihail) due to skiing accident. Frankly, after Kocho's death, the energy to organize things just wasn't there. We do owe it to him to connect again and remember our friend on the slopes. He loved connecting to trade gear and tryout new stuff so we should bring it back this season. Once the snow starts falling we'll pick a few dates.

Blue Mountain? God NO! There is a reason they call it ZOO MOUNTAIN. Unless you are thinking a midweek session let's avoid that mess if we can.
        I am up for anything, but all getting together would be great. So... avoid there on weekends. Thanks, that will be one of my 1/2 day work then go play locations during the week.
        Skis/Skiboards:
        2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
        2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
        2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
        2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
        20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
        2012 Salomon SPK 90
        2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
        2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
          most tragically, we lost Kocho (Mihail) due to skiing accident. Frankly, after Kocho's death, the energy to organize things just wasn't there. We do owe it to him to connect again and remember our friend on the slopes. He loved connecting to trade gear and tryout new stuff so we should bring it back this season.
          This. . . Yup. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
            For the Skiboard connection , What times does everyone get into Denver for the sharing or carpool? And return to the airport ?
            If I book a flight and room this might be important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Tom, as a back up, I live in Denver and can help with anyone needing a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The Skiboard Connection
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/

Comment

Right on, it will be fun to ski with you guys. Hope it’s similar to last year?
              I was just wondering on what flight to take in and out in respect to times.

I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

Update on Ikon Pass locations for Westfest: now includes Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, AND Solitude (aka all but Park City)

Comment

Love that , might have to see about making the last 4 days

I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Comment

Originally posted by Toro View Post
                    Update on Ikon Pass locations for Westfest: now includes Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, AND Solitude (aka all but Park City)
                    I was surprised to see them announcing new locations so late in the game. Huge added bonus for anyone who had already purchased when the price was lower! I've updated the post above to reflect the IKON resorts alongside the Epic resorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                      I was surprised to see them announcing new locations so late in the game. Huge added bonus for anyone who had already purchased when the price was lower! I've updated the post above to reflect the IKON resorts alongside the Epic resorts.
                      I now have both passes and looks like skiing is prepaid for the year for me.
                      I just bought the Tahoe local pass for 569. But it covers the 5 days in Colorado and all the Tahoe epic resorts anytime.

Comment

What is the least you could have bought the pass for ?
                        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

What is the least you could have bought the pass for ?
                          I think $599 was the cheapest. Not a great deal unless you're able to hit more that these four resorts one time each.

Comment

I think $599 was the cheapest. Not a great deal unless you're able to hit more that these four resorts one time each.
                            My Ikon pas was the basic and it was 599, I miss some dates due to them being holidays , but I saved 200 from not going during those 3-4 peak weekends. It’s good in the places I ski so that works for me.
                            The epic I got was mostly for the Tahoe resorts , that’s only 8 hours from me.

Comment

Working...
                            X