Wow, I think I'm in love!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, I think I'm in love!

Hey guys, just wanted to share my first-time experience on skiboards this past weekend in Mammoth. I haven't skied in over 20 years and rented a pair of Summit 99's with snowboard boot bindings through skiboards.com after lurking in the SBOL forums. You guys weren't joking about the learning curve. I ice skated and rollerbladed as a teenager so I instantly got the feeling to be on skiboards after a single green run. I was confident enough to try out a blue run and then stuck to blues for the rest of the day. Conditions were icy at the top of Canyon Express on Saturday but improved further down.

While my kids learn to ski and snowboard, skiboarding will be my winter activity of choice. I'm already looking forward to next season and buying my own skiboard.

Greco recommended a skiboard for me already but I'll need to pick up snowboard boots. Where can I buy snowboard boots through an end of season sale? Does SBOL even have any end of season sales for skiboards?

Wow, I think I'm in love!

Welcome to the forum and glad you have found the sport.

There will lots of sales at the end of the season, just use Google. I think it’s best to find the boot you want first rather than try to use a specific site. For best results with snowboard boots on skiboards, you want a stiff boot, the stiffer the better. The Saloman Malmutes and DC Ceptors are two popular examples.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by pax View Post
      Where can I buy snowboard boots through an end of season sale? Does SBOL even have any end of season sales?
      Welcome to SBOL!

https://www.levelninesports.com/snowboard/boots/mens

SBOL sales usually happen in the fall.

Comment

Working...
      X