New touring Spruce Ospreys unpacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New touring Spruce Ospreys unpacked

Finally collected them from customs this morning. Jeff has done me a special backcountry rig based on the 2018 Ospreys with Ambition 10 bindings and brakes as well as the crampons and skins.

The rig has the bindings mounted onto thin plates on top of the boards. These are held in place with threaded inserts installed from the bottom of the skis. Obviously the bindings are now in a fixed positions and cannot be moved, but it solves the problem with the bent risers that have been a problem on the previous design. At least these weight less than the other backcountry pair I have.

Building this kind of rig is time-consuming for Jeff and is only built on special order. Therefore they come with a steep price tag as compared to other skiboard + binding combinations.

Anyway will take them out for a quick try-out this week when the weather improves. (Yes, it is snowing as I'm writing this).
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

I took the new Ospreys out for a trial this morning. Did the same track up to the ski resort, switched over and rode it down again.

It's hard to say whether the lower stack height makes much of a difference during ascent or descent.

The Nordic Blue skins compliment the 2018 Ospreys quite well.

Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Nice set up ! My buddies Michael and Jeff have the same custom rig set up the metal plates on Sherpas and both have been very pleased with the set up .
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
      X