Riding Dual Boards as Skiboards at Mount Bohemia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding Dual Boards as Skiboards at Mount Bohemia

First run of the day? Tim heads straight to the top of Mount Bohemia to ride dual boards as skiboards over the ice and into the trees.

This is awesome. I played the video expecting for Tim to swap out to some other board but I'm impressed he was able to make them work and ride them down the hill. Just how sketchy were they to ride??
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

We didn't bring an emergency set of boards up the lift. This was the only way down! [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Impressive balance, especially coming off the lift. This is the epitome of “Why not?” Kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
          This is awesome. I played the video expecting for Tim to swap out to some other board but I'm impressed he was able to make them work and ride them down the hill. Just how sketchy were they to ride??
          They were very sketchy on everything but flat packed snow. Almost any change in surface resulted in a fall. They are also a lot of work to ride because it's necessary to have your body locked up the whole time. The lack of front and back support means that there is no chance to relax. The extreme width also resulted in quite a bit of foot fatigue, even after just one run. I have probably one of the stiffest boot+binding setups around, and I still had to work to crank those things up on edge.

Having said all that, it was also kind of fun, and I'm tempted to try it again on a local hill. I'd be interested to see what they'd be like to ride on a groomed trail. If I head to any mountains that I know you visit, I'll be sure to let you know, so you can come and enjoy the entertainment
          RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Lmfao this was amazing!

Comment

I hope he brings those to other meet ups , they look like a ton of fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                Having said all that, it was also kind of fun, and I'm tempted to try it again on a local hill. I'd be interested to see what they'd be like to ride on a groomed trail. If I head to any mountains that I know you visit, I'll be sure to let you know, so you can come and enjoy the entertainment

I noticed you rode them skiboard style. Have you tried to ride them snowboard style and see if it is any easier?
                Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                  I noticed you rode them skiboard style. Have you tried to ride them snowboard style and see if it is any easier?
                  Not yet, but I intend to try that. I was a miserable failure at snowboarding, back when I attempted to learn. My main issue was having my feet bolted together, so I'm hoping the individual boards will help.
                  RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X