No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 2018 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, so I totally missed the sale, which means I'll have to buy daily passes. On the other hand, I already know that I can't make it to the .2 meet, so I'll only be buying a total of three tickets.

I also can't make it for WestFest, due to my vacation time being needed for other things.

I'm hoping the 9.1 meet is pretty awesome because it may be the only trip I go on this year.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
      Yeah, so I totally missed the sale, which means I'll have to buy daily passes. On the other hand, I already know that I can't make it to the .2 meet, so I'll only be buying a total of three tickets.
      I'm worried... is dementia setting in?

Comment

soooo anyone wanna ride ripley or Bohemia thursday and maybe monday too? im a stay at home dad with no kids

Comment

Originally posted by jackschmid View Post
          soooo anyone wanna ride ripley or Bohemia thursday and maybe monday too? im a stay at home dad with no kids
          I won't get there in time on Thursday and I'm flying to Utah on Monday. Wanna join us?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

I could be down for the ripper (ripley) on Thursday/Monday, I hope to have mastered dual snowboarding by then. So far, I have 0 days on the hill. General conditions update: its been snowing like a mother the past week so being a month and 8 days out, things are looking really good. There's snow in the forecast for the foreseeable future so hopefully we'll hear some rumblings about BoHo opening in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

For anyone who doesn't already know, BoHo will likely be opening on the 22nd! Or by Christmas. This is excellent news, the snowfall has been incredible, I'll likely be taking out Condors on the first day because the DER keeps falling. It's a polar vortex kind of season, so it's unlikely we'll see the tropical temps we have the last couple of years.

Comment

Roll Call!

We're a little more than a month away - let's get some details confirmed! If you're not going to make it after all, please let us know.

If you're planning to fly into MSP, please confirm your flight times with me so I can figure out what time to leave work on Thursday, January 18.

The house is reserved from the evening of Thursday, January 18 through the morning of Sunday, January 21. I'd recommend everyone brings a towel because there weren't many available last time we were there. If you're driving up, it wouldn't hurt to bring a sleeping bag or decent pillow. I'll bring a crock pot and pick up some groceries Thursday night so we can make some easy meals.

Comment

I'll bring the griddle and we can do pancakes etc in the am's if folks want.
                  Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Thought I'd let you guys know I bought a house in Mohawk! All I need now is a rail in my front yard. This means there won't be above the bar debauchery this year... well that could still happen. Courtney, I may end up wanting to crash on the floor of Big Blue friday night, pending adult beverage consumption, I'll be happy to chip in. Friday I assume the group would like to dine again at Carmelita's unless a house dinner is in store. After roll call I can make the reservation. All this adulting... makes me want to cry.

(bout 5-8 inches of fresh der fell while I was at work today)

Comment

Congrats, George - that's awesome! You're always welcome to crash at the Yooper Crib 🤣

Carmelita's sounds good to me!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post

If you're planning to fly into MSP, please confirm your flight times with me so I can figure out what time to leave work on Thursday, January 18.
                        My flight lands at 10:30. Probably 11:15 by the time I've picked up my luggage.

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                          My flight lands at 10:30. Probably 11:15 by the time I've picked up my luggage.
                          Perfect!

Comment

Just catching up on the thread.

NO, dementia is not setting in...yet.

I'm also planning to bring my Dual Boards.

I'll be flying in to MKE Thursday, and we'll be heading up that day. I'm good with doing some time at Ripley, but I'm also fine with not. I'll see what my travel companions prefer. I doubt I'll have a chance to get on snow before the trip, so this will be a full on shock to the legs.

I'm a "yes" for pancakes in the mornings and for crock pot meals.

Carmelita's and Joey's are givens, as far as I'm concerned.

I will be bringing Lego Marshall since the real one is ditching us, again.
                            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Hey everyone, here’s an estimate on total cost per person based on occupancy. We don’t have 100% final numbers yet, so this could vary a little bit. This is assuming everyone is arriving Thursday night:

6 people: $97.72 each (we'll have at least 6)
                              7 people: $83.76 each
                              8 people: $73.29 each

Comment

I'm 100% in. I'll be flying into MSP on Thursday and riding up with Courtney and Brick because I'd rather not make a 13 hour drive alone. Plane tickets and ski pass are paid for. Now the hard part... waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X