California newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California newbie

I'm new here, although I've been on the skiblades and skiboards for about 16 years along with my son. We started when he was about 13-14 and now he's 31. I don't get in a lot of skiing every year but I'm getting some good skiing in this year thanks to all the snow here in California.
    I got into the short style skis from my background in inline speed skating , and really just fell in love with it as it made it so I wanted to hit the slopes more often.
    By accident I found this site while trying to upgrade my ageing ones. I own 7 skiboards and just added another 7 since finding this site. I bought myself 2 new boards and risers with release bindings. I got the new sticky icky icky's and a 2016 DLP pro and a few boards without any bindings from a couple members on here.
    I have become the lender to all the friends and family that want to try out the fun in the snow. Teaching them has taken away all the fun I get to have but I hope that are trip to Mammoth in mid March will make it so I don't have to stay with all those that want to take their time on the slopes . Unfortunately the last outing I was on with them one of them fell and got twisted up, and with the non release binding they ended up having to be carted down the mountain and a ambulance ride to the hospital . Lucky there wasn't a break  . Now I'm searching hard for some risers and release bindings . ( anyone got some their selling? ) before the trip to Mammoth . I got that guilty feeling when a newbie are on my non-release skis.

My current skiboards are
    99 cannon M7 X 2
    82 Lines
    89 Lines
    79 dynastar
    2 pairs of twin tip Yahoo Blizzard 120

Welcome to the forum, being that it is late season, there may not be as many meetups. although Slo and that group will still be probably be going until July. A lot of us are on the east coast too, so our season is pretty much dried up. Thanks for sharing about your history on skiboards. I personally have been doing it for about 13 years now.

-B
    sigpic

Comment

It's not often that we see snow conditions this nice in California , and since I'm just rejuvenate my youth I'm doing as much as I can to stay young..

Comment

Tom, welcome to SBOL! Congrats on getting people near you outdoors, that says a lot of positive things about you.

I would suggest you start a thread in the classified forum 'Wanted - Spruce Risers'. That's the hard part to come by. If they have some fairly recent binding to go with them that's cool, but you can put new bindings on old risers. Some ski techs won't touch bindings over 5 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
          Tom, welcome to SBOL! Congrats on getting people near you outdoors, that says a lot of positive things about you.

I would suggest you start a thread in the classified forum 'Wanted - Spruce Risers'. That's the hard part to come by. If they have some fairly recent binding to go with them that's cool, but you can put new bindings on old risers. Some ski techs won't touch bindings over 5 years old.
          I did buy 3 of them new , I don't want to invest a ton on others and were all of for a weekend in mammoth with no time to lose to get stuff here. I've been reading they are the hard items to get a hold of used . I've seen a few on here and inquired but no answer as of yet. I just hope the other stuff I've bought won't be delayed .
          Thanks for the advise

Comment

Sorry, guess I misunderstood what you were asking for.

Go ahead and pm Greco and explain the time line your working with. He's great about doing everything possible to make sure you get what you need when you need it.

Comment

I got my new stuff from him-them. I was looking for loaners . I don't much want to pay 200 for those especially when I need about 3.. plan B for me
              I guess being new here I check this out more then if I were on here for years , so when I reply to a thread it seems to take a bit of time to get answers.
              Thanks for the tips though..

Comment

In that case start a thread in the 'Meet Up' forum with the Mammoth trip dates, and see if anyones interested in meeting up and bringing loaners.

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
                  In that case start a thread in the 'Meet Up' forum with the Mammoth trip dates, and see if anyones interested in meeting up and bringing loaners.
                  I did , I must of did it in a different area of the forum. The one time blonde in me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                    I did , I must of did it in a different area of the forum. The one time blonde in me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Hi Tom. Welcome to The Forum. Unfortunately I just left Mammoth after being there for a couple of weeks.
                    I'll see you at the Kings game on the 4th! GKG

Rickylink >>)))°>
                    rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                    ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by rickylink View Post
                      Hi Tom. Welcome to The Forum. Unfortunately I just left Mammoth after being there for a couple of weeks.
                      I'll see you at the Kings game on the 4th! GKG

Rickylink >>)))°>
                      Look forward to meeting a few new people that skiboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X