Utah (Cottonwood Canyons) in late March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah (Cottonwood Canyons) in late March

We just booked our long-planned trip to Utah for my daughter's spring break. We will be staying in the Sandy area at the base of the road to the Little and Big Cottonwood Canyons.

If anyone plans to be there around the same time and wants to hook-up for a ride or two on skiboards or skis, let me know. Especially if you have extra discount ski passes . Our full days on the slopes will be March 19-27, not sure if we will ski every day though.

Looks like we are arriving tomorrow night in time for record dry weather and high temperatures Any hints what to expect and where it would be best to go skiboard in such conditions? Mid-week or next weekend there might be some powder, but it seems it will be all spring conditions.

Also, any hints on discounts and deals, please share (we plan to use the super pass, so if you know about anything else/better, shoot me a PM or post here).

Thanks!

Comment

In case anyone is wandering how the conditions are: first day out at Alta - excellent groomed conditions. Starting to get soft at the lower lifts, still nice. Was firm/frozen corduroy for the first half hour or so. Off-piste was frozen and very bumpy channels from skiing the melt the previous day, so no one was off the groomers. I expect in the afternoon the off-piste terrain will soften and become enjoyable too. No powder though, hasn't snowed in a week at least...

Comment

Working...
      X