No announcement yet.

Westfest 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fun we had! Thanks for capturing the moments on video Courtney!

Comment

• Day two of Westfest brought us a sunny day at Solitude with plenty of fresh snow to be found.

Comment

• Great video Courtney - captures the fun we had perfectly. . . Who's in for Westfest 2018?

Comment

• Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
          Great video Courtney - captures the fun we had perfectly. . . Who's in for Westfest 2018?
          Me! Since Tahoe is shut down, I'm up for Westfest 2017 Part Two (The Return to The Cottonwoods).
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
            Me! Since Tahoe is shut down, I'm up for Westfest 2017 Part Two (The Return to The Cottonwoods).
            The too much snow kind of "shut down?"

Part two is very tempting, but I think I need to keep my employment. . . And I already have a 3-day Vermont trip scheduled for next week that is already paid for

Comment

• Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
              The too much snow kind of "shut down?"
              I wish. Actually it's too much rain and wind, but Shredfesters don't worry. There's more snow in the forecast before the event.
              Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Nice Courtney;

There Be Dragons
                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• I plan to be at the Cottonwoods during the last two weeks of March for my daughter's spring break. Don't know the exact days yet, but we plan on at least a week of skiing, maybe a bit more if we can arrange it. I'll post when I know the exact days we'll be there. I'd love to ski a day or two with someone who knows the mountains there well (though I have some idea of Alta and Solitude from last time I visited as I spent a couple to three days each on them). If we get a good snowfall, my wife and daughter will likely take the day off skiing (rest in the hotel), which means I can go explore some deep snow that normally we stay away from as it is challenging for them. I'm sure the local skiboarders would take a day off work for that too

Originally posted by sempai View Post

Comment

• A few more shots. Brighton video in the works

Tom and Russ at Snowbird

Tom in the powder at Snowbird

Trees and sunshine at Brighton

Jack at Brighton

This might have been Scott's very first face plant on the Stickies!

Tom and Cindy independently feeling the burn

Comment

• Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                      This might have been Scott's very first face plant on the Stickies!
                      Must have been when I fell in that hole. It does not look pretty and didn't feel good either. Thanks for posting, NOT!
                      Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
                        Must have been when I fell in that hole. It does not look pretty and didn't feel good either. Thanks for posting, NOT!
                        If it makes you feel better, I edited out how long it may or may not have taken you to get up in the video.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

If it makes you feel better, I edited out how long it may or may not have taken you to get up in the video.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
                          Smart thinking. It would have added an extra five minutes to the video.

I was hoping for someone to come to my rescue and help me up, but all of you were too busy laughing.
                          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

• Clips from Brighton

Comment

• I finally cranked through the Alta footage. Here's the last video from another great Westfest! The snow was tracked out, but temperatures were great and the sun was shining.

Comment

I finally cranked through the Alta footage. Here's the last video from another great Westfest! The snow was tracked out, but temperatures were great and the sun was shining.

Thanks again Courtney for capturing and editing all these videos! What great memories of Westfest!

Comment

Working...
                                X