No announcement yet.

Westfest 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good. Just landed. Might stop at Levelnine before hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kyu View Post
      You may need to adjust your plan...All the Sweet Tomatoes in Utah have gone out of business. I can recommend a pretty good (best I've had in Utah) Vegan place but it is in SLC. If you stop way in it won't add much to your drive. Cafe Oasis on 151south 500 west.
      That really sucks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Saturday listed twice?

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
        Absolutely;

Tracey and I will try to be at each location by 8:30 for the lifts opening at 9:00. I know that sounds a little early, but we like to take our time getting ready. Any time after 8:30 should be fine.

If anyone wants my cell just PM me.

Here are the locations;

Friday the 27th will be Snowbird. There is an outdoor plaza at the top of the main building where the tram is located. The ticket offices are also there. You enter the building at the parking lot level and have to walk up about three flights of shops to get there. I think there is also an elevator. It's a nice open area to see folks and meet up. We will start the day on the tram, then head over to the glades off the Gad lifts.

Saturday the 28th is Solitude There is only one entrance. The ticket office is on the parking level along with a changing room and restrooms. In between the buildings are steps that lead up to the main area. We will meet by the ski racks right outside of the restaurant. Again, this is a nice open area to see and meet people. We usually take the Moonbeam Express up first.

Saturday the 29th is Brighton There are two base areas here, we want the main one that the bus stops at. The restrooms and ticket office are located on the parking level. There is a restaurant at the top of the hill, we will meet outside of that. We will be taking Majestic up first to warm up, then the Crest Express to hit Wren Hollow. We usually end up searching for powder in the trees off the Snake Creek Express.

Sunday the 30th is Alta There are two bases locations here. We want the first one you come to when taking the bus or driving up. It is known as the Wildcat Base. The meeting place is outside the restaurant called The Goldminer's Daughter. There are restrooms are located in the restaurant building and the ticket office is directly opposite. We start by taking up the Collins lift up, down to Wildcat and then explore from there.
        Saturday is Solitude? Correct?
        rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
        ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by rickylink View Post
          Saturday is Solitude? Correct?
          Yes!

Comment

Hey All,

I just bought tickets from Liftopia for Saturday at Solitude today for $69.00. There was a limited supply. Hopefully there are some left.
            64 CM Bigfoot’s
            100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
            110 CM Rockered Condors
            130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Ty

Rickylink >>)))°>
              rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
              ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Comment

Thank you. See you tomorrow.
                rickylink

~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Comment

Sorry, I corrected the original post. Just to confirm;

Friday Snowbird

Saturday Solitude

Sunday Brighton

Monday Alta
                  Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Even the porcupines came to Westfest this year[emoji3]

Comment

• Once again, Westfest was a blast!

I had an epic warm up day with Russ at Park City. Weather changed from snowy to sunny, back to snowy a few times. This was by far the deepest powder we found.

Westfest officially kicked off at Snowbird with plenty of fresh snow tucked away in the trees.

At the top of Snowbird we found the most adorable porcupines ever.

Check out the video too!

Next we headed to Solitude in search of dragons.

The views and trees at Brighton are hard to beat.

We wrapped up Westfest with the final four at Alta.

Thanks for another epic adventure!

Comment

• Great photos Courtney!
                        In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                        Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

• Not technically Westfest, but I had to be sure everyone saw what they missed out on by not joining us a day earlier

Russ (kyu) rips hard - he was leaving me in the dust! This was by far the best snow I found all week.

Comment

• Awesome pics and vids Courtney. I'm sure it helps to encourage others to make it out on a future WestFest. Sorry to anyone that missed the preWestfest encore. It was pretty great.

Also, I don't really rip that hard. Mostly I just had to go fast enough so you wouldn't run me over. Everyone knows it's Courtney that rips hard.
                            Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
                            Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
                            Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Comment

• Bluebird at Snowbird!

The first official day of Westfest 2017 kicked off with beautiful blue skies at Snowbird. We were able to find plenty of goodies stashed away in the trees. While trying to avoid rocks at the peak, we found some porcupines hanging out enjoying some tree bark.

Comment

• Steeps, powder, gulleys, trees and bumps!

Comment

Working...
                                X