• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim! You must join us!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
      Hmm, this is looking very tempting. I was just checking flights and room prices, and it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting. It'd be kind of crazy to get home from the Midwest Meet one weekend and leave for Westfest the next, but I'd love to hit some of those mountains, and Courtney's videos make things look very tempting. Decisions, decisions...
      Crazy is what we do best[emoji3]
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
        Hmm, this is looking very tempting. I was just checking flights and room prices, and it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting. It'd be kind of crazy to get home from the Midwest Meet one weekend and leave for Westfest the next, but I'd love to hit some of those mountains, and Courtney's videos make things look very tempting. Decisions, decisions...
        Tim, you should join us. We had a sh*t ton of fun last year.
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
          Lift Tickets

The Ski Salt Lake site offers a four day Superpass to the four resorts, for four days, for $328!. It also includes free transportation on the Salt lake Ski Bus, Trax System and City Buses. The Ski Bus savings total $38 making the average ticket price $72.50. The pass is very flexible and allows you to ski any resort on any day, great for powder chasing. It is good for the whole 2016/17 season but has to be used within fourteen days of activation.

Alternatively tickets are available on Liftopia for the following prices at the time of posting;

Alta $TBA
          Solitude $62
          Brighton $TBA
          Snowbird $59

Please note that these tickets do not include the Ski Bus cost and are non refundable. They are only good for the dates purchased and the resorts they are issued for, unless you pay extra.
          So as of today the Liftopia prices are the following:

Alta $86
          Solitude $62.99
          Brighton $??? (still nothing available)
          Snowbird $62.99

I think I'll stick to the usual plan and buy the Superpass for me and the Mrs. It will cost a bit more than Liftopia, but it's worth it to avoid the hassle of standing in the lift ticket line each day.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

When I was there this past April, I was buying superpasses for eaxh day at the hotel. In previous years they had the actual physical passes, this year it was just the voucher so we had to pickup the passes at the slope. But the cost was a $74 per adult or $38 for kid per day. Shuttle cost is not included this way, but we did not use it, had a car. So we could decide on the morning which resort to ski, and if someone did not want to ski we just did not buy a pass for them. I think one could just walk in the Hayatt on the way to the canyons and pay for the passes (vouchers) there at the front desk.

Of course, pre-paying for a 3 or 4 day pass is a little more convenient, but risks some getting unused due to weather, sickness, etc, and is not cheaper than buying per day. At least that's how it was last season.

Originally posted by sempai View Post
            So as of today the Liftopia prices are the following:

Alta $86
            Solitude $62.99
            Brighton $??? (still nothing available)
            Snowbird $62.99

I think I'll stick to the usual plan and buy the Superpass for me and the Mrs. It will cost a bit more than Liftopia, but it's worth it to avoid the hassle of standing in the lift ticket line each day.

Comment

If you were thinking of using Liftopia to get any of your Westfest tickets, they are having a gift card sale over the Thanksgiving weekend. For instance, if you get and $75 gift card, they will throw in an extra $25 on top. Not bad if you were going to use them anyway.

Link To Liftopia Gift Card Promotion

Comment

If you were thinking of using Liftopia to get any of your Westfest tickets, they are having a gift card sale over the Thanksgiving weekend. For instance, if you get and $75 gift card, they will throw in an extra $25 on top. Not bad if you were going to use them anyway.

Link To Liftopia Gift Card Promotion

is this a targeted promotion? I can't get this to show up when I visit the site, regardless of whether I'm logged in or not. . .

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                  is this a targeted promotion? I can't get this to show up when I visit the site, regardless of whether I'm logged in or not. . .
                  Found a link that worked form their Facebook page: http://giftcardsale.liftopia.com/?ut...=2016giftcards

Comment

Found a link that worked form their Facebook page: http://giftcardsale.liftopia.com/?ut...=2016giftcards
                    I think I'll use this and buy my Ski City Superpass through Liftopia to save $30.

Comment

Thanks. I got the link through a member email. I think it was targeted but also available to the general public. I still need to get Brighton tickets for me and Tracey, so I might use it for that. It's good to save money.

Comment

Is it time for Westfest yet?

The video is from today, in the back country off Alta resort. It's only going to get deeper.

Comment

Wow!

Son! How much do you weigh? Those SII's carried you through that pow like nobody's business. Amazing! I'm going to have to re-think their capabilities. Did your wife do the filming?
                          171cm/190lbs
                          Current Favorites:
                          RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                          Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                          Other boards I'm trying:
                          Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
                            Son! How much do you weigh? Those SII's carried you through that pow like nobody's business. Amazing! I'm going to have to re-think their capabilities. Did your wife do the filming?
                            In my dreams........

Comment

Is it time for Westfest yet?

The video is from today, in the back country off Alta resort. It's only going to get deeper.

Thanks for sharing that - although with the season start in my part of the world still a ways off it might be a little cruel...
                              In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                              Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Much as I'd like to commit right now, I just can't. I'm not sure if I can spare the vacation time, and I just found out that my car needs some work done. I'm not saying I'm out, but it'll be a last minute decision.
                                RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X