New to the area/Norther VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the area/Norther VA

Hey everyone, starting to get the itch to be on the mountain again so thought I would post and see if anyone else rides near me...I moved to Northern VA over the summer so will be looking to make some trips from Vermont down to WVA. Anyone else starting to get anxious for the season?
    The Skiboard Connection
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/

Yup, hope for good snow this year I usually go to Whitetail or Massanutten. Did a couple of day trips to Elk Jams in the past two years too - a nice group of great boarders there, so definitely worth the long drive for me. Snow Shoe is a bit far for me, but is an option too.

Comment

Definitely worth the drive to Elk Mountain - anytime during the season

Comment

I will definitely be willing to make some drives up north. The more people down here we can find the easier and cheaper the trip will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The Skiboard Connection

Comment

Also from northern VA...I mostly skiboard at Snowshoe - they offer a "ridiculous pass" sale every year that is hard to pass up. I would love to get together with some other skiboarders and hit Massanutten or even Elk Mountain.
          2019 BluntXLs
          540 Team Stark bindings with RVL8 softboot upgrade

Comment

I will likely be at Massanutten for the long weekends in January and February with family and friends. Before that, I will likely open my season at Whitetail though, probably in early January, unless by some luck they open before Christmas. I got the "advantage" card there and will probably go ski it half a dozen times this year or so. Snowshoe is great, but 4 hours drive for me from Bethesda, like Elk, so I might only go there once this year, maybe after Whitetail closes...

Comment

Originally posted by cj4soccer View Post
              would love to get together with some other skiboarders and hit Massanutten or even Elk Mountain.
              Elk is only 30 minutes from me, so I ski there every Friday and Saturday unless I'm out of town. Anyone that wants to join me anytime can just shoot me a message.

Comment

Originally posted by Kocho View Post
                I will likely be at Massanutten for the long weekends in January and February with family and friends. Before that, I will likely open my season at Whitetail though, probably in early January, unless by some luck they open before Christmas. I got the "advantage" card there and will probably go ski it half a dozen times this year or so. Snowshoe is great, but 4 hours drive for me from Bethesda, like Elk, so I might only go there once this year, maybe after Whitetail closes...
                Looks like Whitetail is only 1.5 hrs from me...I'll have to plan a day trip or two this season to check it out

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
                2019 BluntXLs
                540 Team Stark bindings with RVL8 softboot upgrade

Comment

The blue and green slopes get very crowded on weekends, the blacks are fine in terms of lift lines. Bit tend to get skied off and rough quickly. At Massanitten the slopes are maintained a little better, IMO, or just last longer in good shape probably because it is less crowded.

Originally posted by cj4soccer View Post
                  Looks like Whitetail is only 1.5 hrs from me...I'll have to plan a day trip or two this season to check it out

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Comment

I know how to skiboard, and would like to ride with some people this winter. let me know when and where you guys plan on going.
                    facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Dave, are you sure about that? Skiboarding is not that easy

Would be great to meet you!

I usually decide to go at the last minute, other than for a few special days that I know in advance. I don't remember the last time I've been to some of the other areas in PA, besides Whitetail. Maybe I'll make it a point to check some of them out this winter...

I do plan to make some afternoon/evening trips after work as well as a few weekend trips to Whitetail and I'll post when I do. There is already a thread for Massanutten, so I'll post there once I know I'm going there next year.

For the spring break at the end of March, I am likely to be in Utah with family. Might see some of you there...

Comment

New to the area/Norther VA

Anyone interested in an early season trip up north to Vermont or something?

Thinking the first or second second weekend of December. Thursday through Sunday maybe.

The Skiboard Connection

Comment

I don't think I'll have the time to go all the way up there in December.

That said, does anyone know if anything skiable will be open around Thanksgivings in the Boston area? I might be there at that time (driving-up to Vermont from there might not be impossible for me, but is unlikely).

Originally posted by alnewt1234 View Post
                          Anyone interested in an early season trip up north to Vermont or something?

Thinking the first or second second weekend of December. Thursday through Sunday maybe.

Comment

Working...
                          X