Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiboard Recommendation Tool Re-write

Hi all,

On a old thread I mentioned that I re-wrote my skiboard recommendation portfolio project. This re-write shows you skiboard models available at SBOL based on your desired ride characteristics (park, carving, powder, moguls, maneuverability, all mountain). The numbers are thanks to Greco's data provided on the website.

You can use the tool here: http://jmcintyre.net/sites/skiboards..._selector.html

For you coders out there, this is written in HTML, CSS, Javascript, and PHP with a MySQL database on the backend. You can view the source on my website here: http://jmcintyre.net/gitlist/skiboardselector/

A sample recommendation proving my love for the Blunts.

I keep coming up with "No skiboards found based on your criteria", based on my input.

I'm not a coder, so this just comes from an end user perspective. Is there a way to adjust the criteria algorithm so it will give you a recommendation even if your input falls outside of the parameters? If, for instance, my input of 10 in moguls, instead of 9 is preventing a recommendation, could the system just default to 9 to get a result?

Here was my input:

Skiboard Recommendation Utility

Park: 3
    Carving: 5
    Powder: 5
    Moguls: 9
    Maneuverability: 9
    All Mountain: 9
    Recommend Skiboards

No skiboards found based on your criteria
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
      I keep coming up with "No skiboards found based on your criteria", based on my input.

I'm not a coder, so this just comes from an end user perspective. Is there a way to adjust the criteria algorithm so it will give you a recommendation even if your input falls outside of the parameters? If, for instance, my input of 10 in moguls, instead of 9 is preventing a recommendation, could the system just default to 9 to get a result?

Here was my input:

Skiboard Recommendation Utility

Park: 3
      Carving: 5
      Powder: 5
      Moguls: 9
      Maneuverability: 9
      All Mountain: 9
      Recommend Skiboards

No skiboards found based on your criteria
      I find the same issue depending on how I answer. Seems that the result should be the best options, or in the event of no matches then it should give the closest option.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! I think a big future improvement would be to add a weighted system so that it is not so exclusive. Something I'll keep in mind!

Comment

Working...
        X