FIS Alpine Ski World Cup track on skiboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIS Alpine Ski World Cup track on skiboards

I just wonder how it would feel to race down of the tracks used on the World Cup circuit. I reckon it could be an exhilirating experience. Weapons of choice would be one of RVL8 Revolts, Eman Uprise or Spruce Ospreys.

Since I don't live near a resort that hosts the circuit I don't think I'll easily get the chance though.
    Last edited by Greco; 01-26-2016, 01:25 AM.
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

I had a crack at the Face de Belvarde in Val D'Isere back in the day on Salomon Snowblades. Got about 1/3 the way down and chickened out LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

They still have several sections of the men's and women's downhill runs from the 2002 Olympics open at Snowbasin in Utah. I tried them on my Jades. I made it safely, but no new world records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I have gone down the women's and men's downhill runs at Lake Louise in the past. Nice to say I did it, but they were always too icy to be enjoyable. It was more like trying to survive! Gives you a reason to respect those that do it competitively.
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
          Gives you a reason to respect those that do it competitively.
          Indeed!

And to avoid a crash ike Svindal had yesterday.

He did get up and walk away afterwards, but he is out for hte rest of the season, and will need surgery. In addition his one binding did not release and the ski disintegrated upon impact with the nets.
          Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
          Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
          Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Here's a better view of the crash:

https://youtu.be/-p7XhGHpQvQ

And how it compares to two other crashes: https://youtu.be/SHUdlEuqQGg

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
            Indeed!

And to avoid a crash ike Svindal had yesterday.

He did get up and walk away afterwards, but he is out for hte rest of the season, and will need surgery. In addition his one binding did not release and the ski disintegrated upon impact with the nets.

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
              ................ and the ski disintegrated upon impact with the nets.

Yikes!

The ski that did not release actually delaminated before he hit the fence. I assume during the crash. You can see it separating at 1.27 in the first YouTube video Kocho posted.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

That would be one of the few downsides to skiboarding, turning at 70 mph on ice would not be pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jackschmid View Post
                  That would be one of the few downsides to skiboarding, turning at 70 mph on ice would not be pretty
                  True, but certain folks on this forum, well, they would just drive the horse straight to the stable.

Comment

Working...
                  X