No announcement yet.

Skiboard Size Recommendation Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, makes sense. I did not even look at the render file ... Glad you found the bug!

Originally posted by snowjam View Post
    Kocho, it was indeed an off by one issue! This stemmed from using the wrong indexes in the selects on the page. The user was selecting values 0-9 which were being compared to 1-10. Ex: A user selected 5 but the value of that select was 4, thus causing an "off by one" issue.

I fixed the issue by changing those indexes. Latest commit:

http://jmcintyre.net/gitlist/Snowspo...f4e6d3f93f1af8

Comment

I keep getting;

" No recommended skiboards based on your info"

no matter what I enter? The DIN tool works.
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Hey Bad Wolf,

Could you send me some examples of what ratings you are using? Also, what browser?

It's possible that some combinations are too selective to recommend any boards, and that's why that message is coded in. Ex: choosing 10 for maneuverability and 10 for powder will result in no possible options.

It's also possible that this is a bug or browser issue. I'll look into it and see if I can find a fix.

Comment

You have difficult to satisfy preferences -

The tool makes exclusive choices. Meaning, if a length is not "recommended" for one of your intended uses (park, carving, etc.) it will be excluded from the recommended list even if it works well for another use. You somehow you selected criteria that exclude each length based on one or more criteria, so you get nothing.

If the criteria were ranked and weighted instead of a hard yes/no, you would get a most suitable board length, but the tool does not work this way.

Try with all criteria set to "don't care" and play with changing only one criteria to see what you get. Then add another criteria and see the difference...

Anyway, I think the recommendation is not very helpful, since it is based on length only.

I've never seen Python scripting, so I'm glad this got posted and let us have a look.

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
          I keep getting;

" No recommended skiboards based on your info"

no matter what I enter? The DIN tool works.

Comment

Originally posted by snowjam View Post
            Hey Bad Wolf,

Could you send me some examples of what ratings you are using? Also, what browser?

It's possible that some combinations are too selective to recommend any boards, and that's why that message is coded in. Ex: choosing 10 for maneuverability and 10 for powder will result in no possible options.

It's also possible that this is a bug or browser issue. I'll look into it and see if I can find a fix.
            Here is one example. The browser is Chrome.

If I drop the All Mountain requirement down to 5, I get a recommendation of 88cm, that's the Blunts, perfect!

Park: 5
            Carving: 8
            Powder: 8
            Moguls: 10
            Maneuverability: 10
            All Mountain: 8
            Recommend Skiboard Sizes
            Recommended Sizes: No recommended skiboards based on your info
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

If I drop the All Mountain requirement down to 5, I get a recommendation of 88cm, that's the Blunts, perfect!

Excellent! Looks like it was simply a case of too restrictive combinations. It's not perfect, but it's a fun little project.

Comment

Recommended Sizes: No recommended skiboards based on your info
                ( I've also noticed that when I do several searches in a row, after a while it gets stuck in "no results", no matter what are the last search criteria. I think one of the arrays doesn't get re-initialised before each search, some values might be reused from the session values instead of the combo boxes, so it doesn't start each search with a clean sheet, I'll try to look over the code see if I can spot something. )

Edit: it looks like it has been fixed, I've tried again and doesn't seem to happen any longer

But nice tool, good work !

I think somebody already mentioned a possible evolution, crossing these criteria with the person's height/weight would make it even better.
                Myself: RVL8 2011 KTP, Spruce 125 LE, RVL8 "Drooling Clouds" RCs, Spruce 2016 Osprey
                Daughter: Twoowt Pirania 95cm; RVL8 2015 Blunt XL; RVL8 2021 SII; Spruce Crossbows
                Past: RVL8 2010 Revolt Trees, RVL8 2014 Condor, RVL8 2009 ALPdors, Spruce 120 Yellow/Red

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your input! Look for some potential future improvements.

I changed the named of the tool to SkiboardSelector and removed the DIN tool for a cleaner look.
                  Last edited by snowjam; 12-05-2015, 09:41 AM. Reason: Updated tool name

Comment

In case anyone is looking, the SkiboardSelector tool will be offline for a little while.

I am re-writing the project to demonstrate some different technologies.

New version should be up shortly!

Comment

So the new version changes it up a bit.

This version has a database of available skiboard models on SBOL, so you can pick your desired board qualities based on Greco's rating system and see what skiboards are recommended for you.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                      X