Shredfest VIII (2016) Schedule - North Lake Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U gals and guys have fun!

Thanks! For the invite. I won't be able to make it this year since We are heading down to Arizona at end of Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck Chick 15 View Post
      Thanks! For the invite. I won't be able to make it this year since We are heading down to Arizona at end of Jan.
      That's too bad. Conditions are way better this year than last. Have fun in AZ and check out Arizona Snowbowl if you can.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck Chick 15 View Post
        Arizona has some of the best skiing in the country right now. We got over FIVE feet of light, dry, powder at Snowbowl last week. Drop me a message if you need more info on skiing in the desert, we can make some turns.
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

This is getting old.

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

The Shredfest VIII schedule has been updated!
            sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
              I've been researching lodging for ShredFest for the past couple of months and it seems that all of the Truckee hotel prices keep rising and availability is already limited at some of those hotels.

Tonight I started looking at Tahoe City options and just found a great deal at America's Best Value Inn Tahoe City - $96.22 per night if you use their "Value Club Program" rate plan - free to join at http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/ValueClub/

So far this appears to be the lowest per night price for a decent hotel. Anyone ever stayed at this hotel? Anyone have any thoughts on the property and/or the location in relation to all of the ShredFest festivities?

Edit: Here is the link to the hotel's website - http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=1013
              I stayed at an ABV hotel in Carson City. They are clean and decent, not much else to say about them.
              Michael - Backcountry Skier Extraordinaire - Reformed Telemark & Alpine Skier
              Icelantic Scouts with Fritschi AT bindings; Spruce Mtn. Sherpas with Alpine bindings & riser

Comment

Say it ain't so. . . Been looking at the forecast leading up to ShredFest and is it true that the resorts aren't expecting any snow between now and then? And warmer temperatures?

Comment

Say it ain't so. . . Been looking at the forecast leading up to ShredFest and is it true that the resorts aren't expecting any snow between now and then? And warmer temperatures?
                  Unfortunately high pressure has taken hold. It has warmed up considerably in the mountains. There's a possibility of a storm next Thursday into Friday before the fest, but it's too far out to say for sure.
                  Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Sugar Bowl tix

https://inntopia.travel/ecomm/shop/c...594.1453745346

The above link will get Saturday Sugar Bowl tickets for $93. Does anyone know of cheaper tickets available or is this likely the best this out-of-towner will come by?

Thanks,
                    Shawn

P.S. Does anyone know what the forecast is for the weekend?
                    Last edited by Fedfan; 02-13-2016, 09:46 AM. Reason: Added P.S.
                    171cm/190lbs
                    Current Favorites:
                    RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                    Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                    Other boards I'm trying:
                    Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
                      https://inntopia.travel/ecomm/shop/c...594.1453745346

The above link will get Saturday Sugar Bowl tickets for $93. Does anyone know of cheaper tickets available or is this likely the best this out-of-towner will come by?

Thanks,
                      Shawn

P.S. Does anyone know what the forecast is for the weekend?
                      I haven't seen them cheaper than $93 anywhere else. The forecast changes slightly day to day and with each source a person checks. My prediction is warm and mostly sunny for the fest. That's what the weather was this week and looks to continue through the rest of the month.
                      Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                        I haven't seen them cheaper than $93 anywhere else. The forecast changes slightly day to day and with each source a person checks. My prediction is warm and mostly sunny for the fest. That's what the weather was this week and looks to continue through the rest of the month.
                        Yes that is probably the best you are going to get

There is supposed to be a storm on wed night into thursday am with fresh snow right before shredfest, so the best snow will likely be on Saturday at sugar bowl with like Sempai says good weather for shredfest

"The winds pick up Wednesday ahead of a quick hitting storm for Wednesday night. That storm could bring 5-10 inches to lake level and 10-15 inches to the mountains. Then high pressure builds back in with a break in the storms for another week."
                        https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/tahoe
                        Boards :
                        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                        Boots
                        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                        Bindings:
                        Zero Pro Non release Binding
                        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

And is a two day ticket at Squaw Valley / Alpine Meadows for $192 ($96 per day) the best we are going to find for Monday and Tuesday's resorts?

https://www.inntopia.travel/ecomm/sh...774.1455411537

Comment

And is a two day ticket at Squaw Valley / Alpine Meadows for $192 ($96 per day) the best we are going to find for Monday and Tuesday's resorts?

https://www.inntopia.travel/ecomm/sh...774.1455411537
                            yes I think so
                            Boards :
                            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                            Boots
                            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                            Bindings:
                            Zero Pro Non release Binding
                            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I did not see this yesterday when looking at Liftopia, but they now have Alpine Meadows / Squaw Valley tickets at $87 per day:

https://www.liftopia.com/product?pro...ate=2016-02-22

I'm assuming there is no plan to change the resort schedule and it is safe to purchase our tickets now?

Comment

I did not see this yesterday when looking at Liftopia, but they now have Alpine Meadows / Squaw Valley tickets at $87 per day:

https://www.liftopia.com/product?pro...ate=2016-02-22

I'm assuming there is no plan to change the resort schedule and it is safe to purchase our tickets now?
                                I just bought mine online at the resort website. Senior tickets are $87. I pick them up there. That's a good price if it's for non senior. Only if the resort is closed due to winds will the plans change.
                                Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                                Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                                Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                                History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Working...
                                X