Late April Pow at Alpine Meadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late April Pow at Alpine Meadows

Alpine Meadows ski resort has been closed for weeks , but a late season storm hit the slopes on Friday and Saturday dropping a foot of snow, my buddies Jeff M. and Billy and I climbed the ski area today and had a great time . Here are some photos of the resort with the new snow .

The snow was very challenging sierra cement that was very hard to turn in as you can see from the video. I was doing most of the filming ... Billy is on Hagan 130s with telemark bindings and is in a red jacket .... Jeff M. is on a center mount Sherpa with a direct mounted Fritschi touring binding and is in blue jacket. I do make an appearance in the video at 1.02 to 1.11 .. I am wearing a red jacket also and riding a Sherpa rear mounted with Jeff Singer designed backcountry riser with a Fritschi binding . I absolutely love this set up and it just kills nasty heavy snow making lemonade out of lemons !

ps . through a little editing glitch you get to watch Jeff twice closing out the video !

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.
Working...
X