Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Riser?

Hey all,

So I am getting an old pair of skis back from a friend who never used them. The bindings are good Rossignols.

I was wanting to try a release setup on my skiboards without spending too much money. Would it be possible to make my own homemade Riser setup similar to Spruce?

I work at a ski shop on weekends and have access to mounting tools/people that know what they are doing.

I was wondering what to look for as far as material/screws/etc. that I could get at Lowes.

Related, could I buy a Spruce riser without bindings and just mount my own bindings?

Originally posted by joshmcintyre View Post

Related, could I buy a Spruce riser without bindings and just mount my own bindings?
    Funny, this question has come up several times in the last few weeks. I guess the creative juices are flowing with the desire to customize.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Faceplant made one using cutting board plastic. Search for his post. It's an old one.
      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

There is at least one set of Spruce risers for sale in the used gear section for ~$100 shipped. You could make one cheaper, but may not work as well and how much is your time worth?

Comment

I made several pairs on the past just from wood. No problems and quite light.
          Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

You could buy some architectural aluminum channel: http://store.buymetal.com/aluminum/c...125-0.125.html

The Spruce riser is 21" in length 2.5" in width and has a wall thickness of 0.125". You could get a 24" piece from the link for $5.28.

Then you'd have to machine it to cut it off at an angle and you'd need a plastic or wood piece to go under it so the aluminum wouldn't cut into your board upon mounting.

You could also ask Spruce if they would sell you just a riser without binding which he might or might not do.

Or there is this good old place that sells risers similar to Spruce for $80: http://www.floskis.com/id50.html

Comment

Working...
            X