Waterhouse Peak Dec 12/21/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterhouse Peak Dec 12/21/2014

Merry Christmas , everyone ! Been busy but finally got around to making a little video of our last backcountry adventure.
    Last Sunday , My buddies and I did a trip up Waterhouse Peak in South Lake Tahoe . Very challenging snow , and an epic survival descent through downed trees and boulders on the way out . It was a full on challenge but great fun nonetheless. Many thanks to Michael , Billy and Rich for breaking trail for Jeff and I lagging behind , we much appreciated the kind gesture and would likely not have made it without your efforts!!!! Billy and Rich are on Hagan 130s ... Michael on 140cm Icelantic Scouts .. I was on the new Spruce 130 Rockered Ospreys and Jeff on the Spruce Sherpa .

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Snow a little tough to get through? It looks like it was.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
      Snow a little tough to get through? It looks like it was.
      Yes , Sempai , very challenging backcountry snow but still able to turn in the stuff and soft no matter how manky is always better then ice , eh ?

Here is another video of our day courtesy of Michael ,, including a little clip of me on my rear mounted Ospreys after I figured out how to ride them in the mank by leaning forward ... Next time for sure I am center mounting the Ospreys , will work way better in backcountry difficult pow center mount rather then rear mounted . The reverse of the regular non rockered Sherpa that I think does better rear mounted. The Ospreys do not have the stiff tail of the Sherpas and do not like to be ridden on the tail but rather like turning from the center of the board instead. They are fast and floaty and turn well when ridden like that.

Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Thank god for release bindings !

Michael got me right in the act of testing out the release function on my new Spruce backcountry riser /Ambition AT binding !

Here is a picture of me motoring along ....my left skiboard gets stuck under a submerged log and comes to a dead stop , while my right skiboard keeps on trucking and I am right in the act of falling forward .. recipe for disaster without release bindings....

Here I am sprawled out in the snow ,, a little loss of dignity but my binding ( set at Din 8 ) popped me right out as designed and a backcountry catastrophic injury was avoided!!!

Billy trailing me saw my Osprey sticking out of the snow and brought it up to me .. I stepped in to the bindings and was ready for action again like nothing happened.... made me a believer in a release set up in the backcountry today for sure !
        Boards :
        Boots
        Bindings:

Comment

Working...
        X