No announcement yet.

Fastest Skiboarder of 2014/2015 Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved my speed on the BluntXLs. Elk Mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Does anyone have a tutorial video of how to use skitracks?
      Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
      *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban_freestyle View Post
        Does anyone have a tutorial video of how to use skitracks?
        not a video but a user guide:

iPhone: http://www.corecoders.com/Docs/SkiTr...Guide_V1_3.pdf

Android: http://www.corecoders.com/Docs/SkiTr...-UserGuide.pdf

Here is a video review that should offer some help as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qor_xrbigUE

Comment

• Awesome thanks! I signed up for the beta too so I have my pebble watch synced with it! :-)
          Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
          *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

Comment

• Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
            unfortunately the 75 mph speed somehow disappeared. the fastest time I actually have recorded now is 68.1 which Im not happy about cause I wanted at least 70 on the board. Then I got a switch speed of 52.7 which didnt end so well. As I was turning around to go forward again I caught my outside edge and did a backwards superman. The switch speed was was of my most nervous moments Ive ever had on the hill, and falling didnt make it any easier.
            Dave, be sure to post the picture of your speed so Wookie will update the leaderboard! I will gladly hand the title over to you

Are you sure you "lost" the 75mph speed? We really want to see it!

Comment

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
              I'm returning to Utah next week. If the stars align properly, I'll surpass your XL speed and take the lead.
              Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
              I best get going then and increase the spread- the leader pack is getting tight!
              I blew my chance today while at Solitude. The snow was refrozen crud. I took a nasty fall just warming up. After that, I lost my nerve for the day.
              Boards/Bindings:
              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

unfortunately the 75 mph speed somehow disappeared. the fastest time I actually have recorded now is 68.1 which Im not happy about cause I wanted at least 70 on the board. Then I got a switch speed of 52.7 which didnt end so well. As I was turning around to go forward again I caught my outside edge and did a backwards superman. The switch speed was was of my most nervous moments Ive ever had on the hill, and falling didnt make it any easier.
                Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                Dave, be sure to post the picture of your speed so Wookie will update the leaderboard! I will gladly hand the title over to you

Are you sure you "lost" the 75mph speed? We really want to see it!
                If you post it I will put it on the board. Alternative plan: Dave joins us at Elk this weekend and Macrophotog and DLP race side-by-side for total skiboarding speed domination. Winner take all.
                Boards:
                2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

• Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                  Alternative plan: Dave joins us at Elk this weekend and Macrophotog and DLP race side-by-side for total skiboarding speed domination. Winner take all.
                  That sounds like FUN!

Comment

• I don't have any money
                    facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

I don't have any money
                      No money to wager or no money for lift tickets? Or Both? Racing would be for bragging rights. For the lift tickets we could take up a collection??
                      Boards:
                      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

• Didn't the video of you dropping into that line not make it? That run
                        was scary fast.

Matt.

Comment

• One thing that will always sadden me is that whenever I hit up the States, I'm never using data. Also, I'm not really sure how much data SkiTracks used so I didn't turn it on. I'm fairly certain I hit some pretty fast speeds since I tried bombing down a bunch of blacks just to test my speed and it felt faster than I've ever done (and in control!)

Does anyone know how much data would be used by those tracker apps?
                          Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
                          Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
                          Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

• Originally posted by wushuguy View Post
                            Does anyone know how much data would be used by those tracker apps?
                            According to the user manual of Ski Tracks:

"Ski Tracks is also designed to be used with Data Roaming Off. This can effect the aGPS system - but means that you donʼt get home from your trip with a nasty data bill.
                            IF YOU ARE USING SKI TRACKS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY ALWAYS MAKE SURE DATA ROAMING IS OFF UNLESS YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC DATA ALLOWANCE FOR THAT COUNTRY."

I believe the aGPS system, which is an iPhone thing, is more accurate if data is on, but my understanding is the app can work without data. I always have data on and have never known ski tracks to use anything other than minimal amounts.

Comment

• Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                              According to the user manual of Ski Tracks:

"Ski Tracks is also designed to be used with Data Roaming Off. This can effect the aGPS system - but means that you donʼt get home from your trip with a nasty data bill.
                              IF YOU ARE USING SKI TRACKS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY ALWAYS MAKE SURE DATA ROAMING IS OFF UNLESS YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC DATA ALLOWANCE FOR THAT COUNTRY."

I believe the aGPS system, which is an iPhone thing, is more accurate if data is on, but my understanding is the app can work without data. I always have data on and have never known ski tracks to use anything other than minimal amounts.
                              Wow. I didn't read that. =/ I'm using Blackberry so maybe it's different there but darn I wish I could have tracked those runs now!
                              Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
                              Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
                              Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

• Originally posted by wushuguy View Post
                                Wow. I didn't read that. =/ I'm using Blackberry so maybe it's different there but darn I wish I could have tracked those runs now!
                                Here is what they say about the Blackberry version:

"No Data or Phone Signal Required for Tracking

Unlike many other ski applications, Ski Tracks does not require any data or phone signal for Tracking. This means you can enjoy your skiing or riding without worrying about data costs. (See Note 2)

Note 2. Ski Tracks does not need data or a phone signal to record your day, the location system on your Phone may from time to time use data for location fixes, we have no control over this. THEREFORE WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND SETTING DATA ROAMING OFF IF YOU ARE USING YOUR PHONE ABROAD."

Comment

Working...
                                X