No announcement yet.

Blunt Xls Reviewed by Sempai and JJue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After spending yesterday, today, and soon to be tomorrow tackling all conditions on the XLs; I'm declaring them the best do-it-all skiboards ever made.

Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
      After spending yesterday, today, and soon to be tomorrow tackling all conditions on the XLs; I'm declaring them the best do-it-all skiboards ever made.

ditto .... Sempai and I spent today at Squaw and Alpine in excellent conditions , spending almost all our time in off piste conditions , steep chutes, moguls choppy broken pow , crud and in tight trees... all technical difficult terrain .... we were both on Blunt Xls , just a fabulous time, we were following my son and his buddy who are excellent riders on big fat long skis and snowboards ... we were keeping up with them through all manner of off piste junk snow keeping up our speed and not getting bogged down and not face planting ... pretty amazing

Being a bit partial to the longer boards ( Rockered Condors , Sherpas ) it just astounds me how much performance is packed into such a small package... I can carve like a slalom ski , then jump into pow and crud like a pow ski and then dive into moguls like a mogul ski but in a tiny compact 100cm package .. yes you have to have good balance in the chop but the 100cm board has way more fore and aft stability then you would expect for its small size , and it's uber wide foot print provides all kinds of lateral stability ... astounding !!

There is just one problem with the Blunt XL , they make you try to do things you had better not !
      Sempai and my son and his buddy begged off a chute , with a sign labeled "cliff " on it , i looked down it and saw a very narrow chute that it looked like some long skiers at mainlined, I could see there was nice snow at the end of the chute , what I did not realize until I got to the end of it was that the chute did end in a cliff .not a real high one , maybe just three feet but still kind of scary , I just slid off the chute and actually landed the drop without face planting ... . this WAS NOT what I had intended to be doing !! Damn Blunt Xls make me think I am superman , Dammit !!
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I don't think money could buy a better endorsement for the the Blunt XLs !
        99 Salomon Skiblades
        02 Line Fly
        10 Head Salamander
        12 Head Hot Rod 94s'
        15 Blunt XL

Comment

Today the Mrs. and I had a perfect powder day at Northstar. The snow fell the whole time we were there. We spent most of the time in the trees. We were both on the XLs, and they killed it. So much fun!
          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I'm in

OK. OK. OK. I've ordered a set. I want to be clear that while it's not a stated part of the "always beyond outstanding" SBOL customer service, I fully expect both Sempai and Jack to not only fly over here (each with one board of course) to deliver these but to:

Ensure proper edge sharpening for the conditions I will be using them in

Mount my bindings

Place 4 coats of my preferred wax on them

Spend 2 days with me at my home resort (so I do not have to buy lift passes) and during those 2 days endlessly shower me with over-the-top compliments about everything from my incredible skiboarding technique to my great smelling breath.

"It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

It's been two days since I was last on the XLs, and I'm going through withdrawal.
              Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Originally posted by mahatma View Post
                OK. OK. OK. I've ordered a set. I want to be clear that while it's not a stated part of the "always beyond outstanding" SBOL customer service, I fully expect both Sempai and Jack to not only fly over here (each with one board of course) to deliver these but to:

Ensure proper edge sharpening for the conditions I will be using them in

Mount my bindings

Place 4 coats of my preferred wax on them

Spend 2 days with me at my home resort (so I do not have to buy lift passes) and during those 2 days endlessly shower me with over-the-top compliments about everything from my incredible skiboarding technique to my great smelling breath.

I'd love to visit Japan and ride with you, but I would never survive the flight. I'm only good for about three hours. When they perfect the transporter like in Star Trek, I'll be there.
                Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Sempai,

Yea, a pretty miserable flight. However, I would think the sheer pleasure of coming over to setup my Blunt XL's would be all the encouragement you would need.
                  "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

so you guys find the XLS decent on groomers and such too eh? ill be testing them in those conditions soon enough as ill be on the east coast till march before heading out to castle mountain out west to tackle some pows with the XL
                    Skiboards :

Rvl8 Blunt XL & STicky Ickys 2019's with Spruce Riser Pro Prime Plus

Summit Carbon 99 CM with Atom FFG 12 Bindings

Boots:

Alpina X-Track 70

Comment

Originally posted by whaleform View Post
                      so you guys find the XLS decent on groomers and such too eh? ill be testing them in those conditions soon enough as ill be on the east coast till march before heading out to castle mountain out west to tackle some pows with the XL
                      just great all around board fine on groomers as well as pow , let us know how it goes for you ...
                      Boards :
                      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                      Boots
                      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                      Bindings:
                      Zero Pro Non release Binding
                      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I rode them all day today at Westfest mostly on the groomers and loved them. It’s great because you can take them off piste or crud also without a problem. It’s my all around board.
                        64 CM Bigfoot’s
                        100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                        110 CM Rockered Condors
                        130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Originally posted by CAN View Post
                          I rode them all day today at Westfest mostly on the groomers and loved them. It’s great because you can take them off piste or crud also without a problem. It’s my all around board.
                          Ditto on the all around board! I take em everywhere

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Man this thread is just making me crave another board I don’t need, but that’s nothing new since I got hooked on skiboarding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you don't have Blunt XLs you clearly DO need them!

Seriously a great all around board. Takes a bit of getting used to on groomers if you're coming from something that's not rockered, but they really hold their own in all conditions. The only exception to the XL rule is if you're riding ice most of the time and never get the opportunity to be a powder hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                                The only exception to the XL rule is if you're riding ice most of the time and never get the opportunity to be a powder hound.

Perfect 2-board quiver = XLs (great in powder) and Ickys (great on ice)
                                Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                                Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Working...
                                X