Head S13 Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head S13 Boots

Has anyone tried these? I guess they retailed for like 550-700 and they are like brand new orange pretty nice, on craigslist for 100. Probably going to offer them 80. Are they worth it? Think they will be good for my skis when I get them?

I had similar Head boots and hated them but boots are a very personal thing. The S13s are very stiff boots and most skiboarders prefer a softer flex boot. I think the S13 was a older model (2008), there were a bunch of these selling on LevelNineSports for $100-200 a few years ago.

If you have tried these on and like them $80 is a good deal for any boot. If you have not tried them you run the risk of having boots that don't fit or don't work for you and that's not a good deal at any price.

If you search the forum you'll find a small number of guys that can buy boots online and love them but the vast majority of skiers and skiboarders have worked with a professional boot fitter to find the right boots and had them molded to our feet. This need not be expensive, my wife is a great example, she spent less than $100 for professionally fitted boots that she loves.

There is nothing worse than ski boots that don't fit right and are uncomfortable all day. Don't shop for boots based on price or other people's opinion. Find boots that fit well and work for you. Your whole on mountain experience will be better for it. If you are working with a budget tell your boot fitter. A good fitter will find you the best boots for what you can spend.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

I totally agree. You definitely answered what I was curious about, flexability in the boots. I couldn't find a ton of articles online about the boots, maybe i'll show up try them on and see what I think. I do think they have those thermal insterts or whatever that you can "morph" to your feet? Thanks again wookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Koda View Post
        .....I couldn't find a ton of articles online about the boots.......
        Here is the old listing from LevelNineSports:

http://www.levelninesports.com/Head-...Ski-Boots-29.5

They no longer carry them but the listing gives you the specs on the boots.
        Boards:
        2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
        2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
        2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
        2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
        2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
        2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
        X