Back to Bohemia (Michigan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Bohemia (Michigan)

Based off riders wanting even more after the Midwest Meet, this is the second trip of the year planned to Mount Bohemia in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

This year they have more than 230 inches of snow. Conditions are epic to say the least.

Mount Bohemia's Website: http://mtbohemia.com/

Schedule:
    Right now we're leaning toward March 1 & 2, unless someone absolutely can't make that work. Let us know and we'll plan accordingly.

Pricing:
    In the past, most of us making this return trip have taken advantage of the $99 season pass sale (happens each year in December). If you missed out on the season pass sale, lift tickets are $55 / day.

Lodging prices will be divided by the number of riders we get. We're still looking at different lodging options.

Frequently Asked Questions:
    Q: Bohemia's website says "experts only" - should I consider coming?
    A: Yes! As long as you're comfortable riding in trees and quickly turning both directions, you'll be fine at Mount Bohemia. The mountain is 100% powder, so some experience in powder riding is a plus, but not required. Regardless of your riding level, no one will be left behind.

Q: Do I need to wear a helmet?
    A: A helmet is highly recommended. Riding in trees makes for variable conditions and we don't want anyone to sustain any serious injuries.

Who's coming?
    Here's a list of people who have shown interest. Let me know if you plan to come (or don't plan to come) and I'll update this list.

Confirmed for March 1 & 2:
    Courtney - Minnesota
    jake.newhouse - Wisconsin
    Bikeplatt - Wisconsin
    Crazyboy-1 (Tim) - Pennsylvania
    g.dub (George) - Michigan (local)

Maybe for March 1 & 2:
    Ronin - Michigan
    Feb 22 & 23
    18.18%
    March 1 & 2
    18.18%
    March 8 & 9
    9.09%
    March 15 & 16
    18.18%
    March 22 & 23
    9.09%
    March 29 & 30
    13.64%
    April 5 & 6
    13.64%

My W2 just came in the mail. I'll plan on being there.

Comment

Hoping to tag along to Mt. Bohemia

Hey crew,

I am Bikeplatt's buddy and I can't wait to hopefully go on the second trip to Bohemia. I watched the video from last years trip and it looks like a blast. Looks like an awesome group of riders too! I guess I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. Can't wait to meet you guys and hang out with some fellow skiboarders.

Comment

I would absolutely love to go. All dates tentatively work for me (hooray self employment) though unlike January last-minute demands may pop up and take precedence (boo self employment). Why do priorities have to ruin so much fun? So long as it's not going to piss anyone off in the event that I end up having to drop out I'd say sign me up.

I like some of the alternative lodging mentioned in the last thread - especially the llb lakeside cabin ElkCloner pointed out... ends up being $10/person/night if we can fit more than 5 ppl in there (sleeps 7). If anyone is interested in splitting anything get hold of me. I realize that it depends on the days the trip is planned for. I voted 22nd/23rd March but meant to vote 29th/30th.

Normally I'd see who would be interested in doing Fri/Sat/Sun rather than just Sat/Sun, but I'm not a season pass holder and there's no more groupon deals :.(

I'd love to catch a ride with someone again if that's possible. I'd be totally willing to drive the rest of the way from my place. I'd be glad to help organize food/lodging assuming we won't be staying in the yurt again... even if I end up not going I'm more than happy to help with logistics.

Aside from the date which gets the most votes (as being the TOP choice for most people), there may be a different weekend which would actually work for MORE riders... it's a single-vote poll, but some people might have multiple dates for availability. Just something to keep in mind.
        Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

I voted for the first and third weekends in March. Later in the month would probably work, but I don't want to push it too late. I did not vote for the second weekend because that's when they are planning to have their Mardi Gras event, and that was pure madness last time.

I like the idea of one of the cabins if we can get into one, but I'm also fine with the usual hotel plan that we've gone with in the past. I think it will come down to what dates work for people and how many will actually commit to coming.

As far as transportation, I'll plan to fly into Wisconsin or Minnesota as usual and carpool with people from there. Again, it will come down to how many people commit to coming. There are four people coming from Wisconsin, so that's a full vehicle right there. If Marshall and Tyler rent a vehicle again, though, that opens up more seats, unless it's feasible to get six people with gear in one vehicle. Last year it worked well for Marshall and me to ride in with Courtney, but I don't know if we could do that with Tyler added. It's possible, but it might be a squeeze. If people can start posting possible travel arrangements, we should be able to get things organized in plenty of time for those of us flying to get tickets.
          RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Here are my travel plans:

Friday:
            Work until 12 or 3, travel to MI. Get a hotel in Houghton Friday night unless others are planning to arrive Friday night - would be kind of nice to check into group lodging Friday PM.

Saturday:
            Check into group lodging when possible (unless we take care of this Friday PM), ride all day.

Sunday:
            Check out of group lodging in AM, pack up, ride all day, drive back to Minneapolis (arrive before midnight).

I could have room for up to two people unless we go the weekend of the 22 & 23. That weekend I won't be able to car pool with anyone because I won't be heading directly back to Minneapolis.

Comment

As much as I would love to come, I don't think I can swing it.

There was a letter from my bank waiting in my mailbox when I got home from Bohemia. I owe $140 more per month on my mortgage payments for the next 12 months because they messed up my property tax calculation. No more fun money.

Have fun guys. Maybe I'll win the lottery or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post

There was a letter from my bank waiting in my mailbox when I got home from Bohemia. I owe $140 more per month on my mortgage payments for the next 12 months because they messed up my property tax calculation. No more fun money.

Ouch. What does plasma sell for in your area?

Half-kidding.

EDIT: Just noticed it's a multiple-choice poll. Sadly, I can't figure out how to vote for more than one weekend.
                Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

Originally posted by jake.newhouse View Post
                  Hey crew,

I am Bikeplatt's buddy and I can't wait to hopefully go on the second trip to Bohemia. I watched the video from last years trip and it looks like a blast. Looks like an awesome group of riders too! I guess I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. Can't wait to meet you guys and hang out with some fellow skiboarders.
                  Welcome! Stoked to add a couple of new guys to the crew

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post

Ouch is right! Hope you can make it out again next year

Comment

Originally posted by CKL View Post
                      Ouch. What does plasma sell for in your area?

Half-kidding.

EDIT: Just noticed it's a multiple-choice poll. Sadly, I can't figure out how to vote for more than one weekend.
                      Last time I went it was $25 per visit. The clinic is no longer open though.

Comment

Hey Guys, I've got by far the most flexibility so whatever you guys decide... I will be there! Annnd... complimentary Mont Ripley tickets are on the table for those interested by request. I've also got plenty of room to crash if anyone wants to arrive early and ride the ripper for an evening. Off to Bohemia for some fresh der! *fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
                          Hey Guys, I've got by far the most flexibility so whatever you guys decide... I will be there! Annnd... complimentary Mont Ripley tickets are on the table for those interested by request. I've also got plenty of room to crash if anyone wants to arrive early and ride the ripper for an evening. Off to Bohemia for some fresh der! *fingers crossed*
                          *totally* interested in this idea.

On a side note, if someone would care to bring some spare boards stiffer than the Revolt Trees (perhaps some KTPs - I prefer shorter to longer) I'd love to give them a shot. After a few more testing sessions and some side-by-side comparison with my old short skis I've come to realize that the reason the Revolts feel lackadaisical in regards to edging is due to not having enough rigidity... particularly torsional rigidity, but the longitudinal needs to be stepped up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CKL View Post
                            *totally* interested in this idea.

On a side note, if someone would care to bring some spare boards stiffer than the Revolt Trees (perhaps some KTPs - I prefer shorter to longer) I'd love to give them a shot. After a few more testing sessions and some side-by-side comparison with my old short skis I've come to realize that the reason the Revolts feel lackadaisical in regards to edging is due to not having enough rigidity... particularly torsional rigidity, but the longitudinal needs to be stepped up as well.
                            I've got some 2008 KTPs you can test drive

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
                              Right on!

Comment

Working...
                              X