Back to Bohemia (Michigan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
    I'll rent/give you my EMP's (Old Revolts) for the cost of shipping. They're pretty damaged, but good enough for the der in Bohemia. I think they'd break if you rode them much on hardpack or ice. They'd last a day or two at least at Bohemia.
    ElkCloner,

I would be willing to take those EMP's off your hands for the cost of shipping if that would be cool with you. How much are ya thinking? Or do you want to get an actual price first?

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
      sorry for the tech woes clark
      The clip is 29 seconds long, I didn't have any trouble downloading it off wasteonline last night. Try using VLC for playback.
      VLC wouldn't even play the file... but my machine has been acting funky all day and just crashed. I suspect my RAM may be taking a shit.

BTW, look into The KMPlayer if you haven't already. I found out about it some years ago when I was doing HD videography as a side job. It's Korean (no worries... English language) and the BEST video software I've ever come across. I literally haven't encountered a format or corrupted file it won't recognize, it integrates unobtrusively with Windows without trying to invade every corner of your machine, and the best part is that it's super easy on system resources. I wouldn't really suggest many video programs over VLC but KMPlayer blows it out of the water insofar as playback is concerned... makes it look like RealPlayer

Try it out - KMPlayer is designed to work FOR you, and if you decide to get rid of it it won't try to hide bits and pieces of junk in your file system or registry... a software design philosophy which I for one am sorely nostalgic for in general. I'd still suggest keeping VLC for doing any actual work with video files rather than just viewing them and have both on my computer.
      Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
        Based off riders wanting even more after the Midwest Meet, this is the second trip of the year planned to Mount Bohemia in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

This year they have more than 230 inches of snow. Conditions are epic to say the least.

Mount Bohemia's Website: http://mtbohemia.com/

Schedule:
        In the past we have made the return trip to Mount Bohemia one month after the initial trip. This year we have several people with variable schedules, so we're trying to find the date that will work best for the most people.

Fill out which dates work for you in the poll, and we'll plan from there.

Keep in mind that the later we go, the more variable the conditions may be. Last year Bohemia was open into May, but weather can be unpredictable.

Pricing:
        In the past, most of us making this return trip have taken advantage of the $99 season pass sale (happens each year in December). If you missed out on the season pass sale, lift tickets are $55 / day.

Lodging prices will be divided by the number of riders we get. We're still looking at different lodging options.

Frequently Asked Questions:
        Q: Bohemia's website says "experts only" - should I consider coming?
        A: Yes! As long as you're comfortable riding in trees and quickly turning both directions, you'll be fine at Mount Bohemia. The mountain is 100% powder, so some experience in powder riding is a plus, but not required. Regardless of your riding level, no one will be left behind.

Q: Do I need to wear a helmet?
        A: A helmet is highly recommended. Riding in trees makes for variable conditions and we don't want anyone to sustain any serious injuries.

Who's coming?
        We know this can depend on the cost and date, but let's get a tentative list going for planning purposes.

Here's a list of people who have shown interest. Let me know if you plan to come (or don't plan to come) and I'll update this list.

Drivers:
        Courtney - Minnesota
        Bikeplatt - Wisconsin
        jake.newhouse - Wisconsin
        CKL (Clark) - Wisconsin
        ZwingZ (Nick) - Wisconsin
        Mavrick (Marshall) - Ohio
        Tphelps927 (New Tyler) - Ohio
        g.dub (George) - Michigan (Bohemia local)

Flyers:
        Crazyboy-1 (Tim) - Pennsylvania
        I hope I am not stepping on any toes, but are we getting closer to selecting a date and making plans accordingly? I just want to make sure I don't miss this and have time to ask off work and shuffle plans around if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by jake.newhouse View Post
          I hope I am not stepping on any toes, but are we getting closer to selecting a date and making plans accordingly? I just want to make sure I don't miss this and have time to ask off work and shuffle plans around if necessary.
          Just to make everyone aware of the 5.2 meet I sent a private message to the people who did the first trip this year (and ZwingZ, who couldn't make it) and haven't yet popped in here to vote or let us know what's up. Hopefully this will help nail things down.
          Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

Could this be the cure for Lonnie Net?

http://www.instructables.com/id/E2YSD0JZ80EQZJIFKI/

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
              Could this be the cure for Lonnie Net?

http://www.instructables.com/id/E2YSD0JZ80EQZJIFKI/
              If you're into DIY antennas, there are much better designs to be found via Hackaday.

Of course, if you're looking for a true cure for Lonnie Net (and indeed, the next step in wireless data transmission in general) get in on the ground floor of this.

Comment

Nice to see such a representation from Wisconsin at the .2 meet! Have fun all, hopefully I'm moving into my new house while your boarding!
                Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

I'm going to reach out to Nick one more time with our two proposed dates and see if we hear back from him.

At his point is there anyone who would not be able to attend either of the top two choices? When I set the poll up it was supposed to say who voted for what, but it doesn't look like that function is working.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                    I'm going to reach out to Nick one more time with our two proposed dates and see if we hear back from him.

At his point is there anyone who would not be able to attend either of the top two choices? When I set the poll up it was supposed to say who voted for what, but it doesn't look like that function is working.
                    Attending either of those weekends work great for me.

Also, if you click on the actual number of votes in each weekend, it will bring up who voted for what. I just checked that and it worked for me. When I initially voted, I didn't realize it was a multiple choice vote. I am good for either of those weekends.

Comment

Attending either of those weekends work great for me.

Also, if you click on the actual number of votes in each weekend, it will bring up who voted for what. I just checked that and it worked for me. When I initially voted, I didn't realize it was a multiple choice vote. I am good for either of those weekends.
                      Awesome, I never thought to try clicking on the vote numbers. Looks like the poll options were a bit confusing so we'll do a manual tally here.

I just talked to Nick and he said he may be able to make March 1 & 2, but wouldn't be able to make March 15 & 16. I saw let's shoot for March 1 & 2 unless that absolutely won't work for anyone who was hoping to attend.

Any objections? Let me know if you're in and I'll update the list in the first post of the thread

Comment

I can meet up the 1st and 2nd no problem. However, that friday the 28th I'll be dealing with a crowd at the bar allll night for the start of the Copper Dog 150 sled dog race. One of the few nights a year Calumet will be packed, as well as one of the few weekends the keweenaw is noticeably more populated. That just means I won't be able to guide anyone around Ripley that night but can still have tickets at the counter waiting if anyone wants to do that. I'd suggest booking lodging for this weekend asap when everyone's on board, a lot of people come to watch the dogs!

Comment

Count me in. I think you can count Bikeplatt in too! I will talk to him tonight. I think we are going to try to get up there late afternoon on Friday to hit up Mont Ripley, maybe even earlier in the day depending on work schedules. Definitely count on us for Bohemia either way!!

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
                            I'd suggest booking lodging for this weekend asap when everyone's on board, a lot of people come to watch the dogs!
                            Thanks for that tip. I had no idea!

Count me in. I think you can count Bikeplatt in too!
                            Great! I'll update the list. Looking forward to riding with you both

Comment

I'm in for that weekend. I'll start looking at tickets awhile.

Edit:
                              It looks like there's a decent savings flying into Milwaukee vs Minneapolis, so I'll wait to see what others' travel plans are before booking anything.
                              RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                                I'm in for that weekend. I'll start looking at tickets awhile.

Edit:
                                It looks like there's a decent savings flying into Milwaukee vs Minneapolis, so I'll wait to see what others' travel plans are before booking anything.
                                Crazy Boy, have you thought about or looked into flying into Madison? How about CWA (Central Wisconsin Airport) in Mosinee. Bikeplatt and I will be driving up from the Madison area and definitely could pick you up if you could fly in early Friday, or if you wanted to fly in Thursday night, you could crash at my place too. Just some thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X