What's Your Fastest Run on Skiboards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Fastest Run on Skiboards?

Ski Tracks is the first and only App I've purchased to date but for 99cents it has a lot of neat features including elevation, slope angle, distance and ascent traveled, number of runs plus run mapping with GPS satellite overlay and of course fastest and average speed. I haven't used it yet this season as my iPhone battery is on its last leg.

Looking through a few logs from last year I noticed I went faster than I originally thought. Max speed so far on the Revolts has been 68.8km/h or 42.8mph.

Curious if anyone else has logged such info and if so how fast have you gone?
    Boards: RVL*8 '08 Revolt Chicken's, Canon M7 Black, Line Fly 4 post
    Bindings: Line FF Pro, Groove Red X1
    Gear: Dalbello CRX Freeride CarveX, Bern Baker Hard Hat, VZ Fishbowl's & Fubar's, Anon Comrade

Originally posted by zman View Post
    Ski Tracks is the first and only App I've purchased to date but for 99cents it has a lot of neat features including elevation, slope angle, distance and ascent traveled, number of runs plus run mapping with GPS satellite overlay and of course fastest and average speed. I haven't used it yet this season as my iPhone battery is on its last leg.

Looking through a few logs from last year I noticed I went faster than I originally thought. Max speed so far on the Revolts has been 68.8km/h or 42.8mph.

Curious if anyone else has logged such info and if so how fast have you gone?
    Hit 30mph on foot once when somebody shouted 'last one in pays for the beer'

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

52 km/h (just over 30mph)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
      Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
      Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
      Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

97km/h (60mhp) on DLP's; straight line down on black run. Ski's are faster than skiboards (big time), but I was not disappointed
        Boards: Revel8 "Revolt" (Trees)
        Bindings: Bomber "Elite 2"
        Boots: Full Tilt "High Five"
        Helmet: POC "Skull Light PP edition"

Comment

I wish I knew. I felt like I was flying on the 125s at Sierra during Shredfest last year.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

87Km/h (54 mph) on Spruce 120's -- I use Alpine Replay as it also shows air time!

Comment

Do any of the Garmin fitness watches measure & record this kind of info? Is there a reasonably priced skiing/biking data watch that's fairly intuitive to figure out how to work it?

Comment

I think I average between 28 and 35 mph.

Fastest I ever clocked was 54 I think

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
                33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

I remembered Bluewing and I at Sierra using our ski tracks and went to the app I saved it.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389196798.575339.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	245008
                  64 CM Bigfoot’s
                  100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                  110 CM Rockered Condors
                  130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
                    Is there a reasonably priced skiing/biking data watch that's fairly intuitive to figure out how to work it?
                    If you have an iPhone or Android phone the Skitracks app that zman mentions to start the post is a cheap way to get data from you day on the slopes rather than a data watch. Turn it on, put it in your pocket, and it will record speed, elevation, and GPS location all day long and then you can export the data. The app also manages your ski playlist and will turn itself off once you hit a preset battery level on your phone so you don't wind up with great data and a dead battery. There is a free version that will record a limited number of tracks and a $99 version that records more an has a few more features. The app is pretty accurate for speed and location on the iPhone as I have tested it against my car speedometer and GPS.

Back to the thread topic --- Fastest recorded speed was 38mph on the 120s. This was when my 7 yearold decided she wanted to ski like Lindsey Vonn and went bombing down the Birds of Prey course at Beaver Creek. I was forced to follow and there where times when she was pulling away from me. I think if I have really opened up the 120s I could have easily gotten into the mid 40s.
                    Boards:
                    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Skitracks is a great app and costs almost nothing (90 cts or so?).

If you like to spend some more money (around 500 bucks probably), I would recommend goggles with built in GPS and a small LCD screen under your eye to monitor everything; it rocks!

I've got the goggle from Zeal, never taking a regular goggle anymore.
                      Boards: Revel8 "Revolt" (Trees)
                      Bindings: Bomber "Elite 2"
                      Boots: Full Tilt "High Five"
                      Helmet: POC "Skull Light PP edition"

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
                        Do any of the Garmin fitness watches measure & record this kind of info? Is there a reasonably priced skiing/biking data watch that's fairly intuitive to figure out how to work it?
                        The Garmin Virb Elite action camera records GPS data, including speed and altittude.
                        Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                        Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                        Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

I clocked 55mph on a pair of EMPs probably about 5 years ago. I know I've outdone that on both my KTPs and Sherpas since then, but I haven't bothered actually measuring anything since then. Maybe I'll give it another go this year.
                          I do it because I can.
                          I can because I want to.
                          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                          '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
                            I clocked 55mph on a pair of EMPs probably about 5 years ago. I know I've outdone that on both my KTPs and Sherpas since then, but I haven't bothered actually measuring anything since then. Maybe I'll give it another go this year.
                            Wondered where you were!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                            Crossbow (go to dream board)
                            Most everything else over time.
                            Go Android

Comment

Used a Contour Roam GPS camera 2 seasons ago and 'went for it'. I managed 98Kmph on my KTPs @ Jay Peak with extremely favorable snow conditions for this sort of thing. Had I fell it would been like falling of a motorcycle on a gravel hwy...but ya the snow was like ice marbles on top of solid hard pack.

If I had a HUD telling me 98 I would of pushed for 100 for sure, didn't see all this till many hrs later when reviewing the footage.
                              Red Square Sherpas

Comment

Working...
                              X