Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to install bindings on my Revolt Trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to install bindings on my Revolt Trees?

Hello!
    I just got a pair of Revolt Trees 105 cm with receptor bindings. My question is very simple: the binding has to be put right in the middle of the skiboard, so that the distance between the edges of the binding and the ends of the skiboard to be the same in both sides?
    or i can install the binding with a few cm in the back of the skiboard(so that i will have more space - 2 to 4 cm- in front of the binding than in the back of the binding)?
    i'm asking this to know how can i get the highest performance from this pair or skiboards and bindings.
    if the bindings are right in the middle of the boards will be better than if they are installed more in the back(like normal skis)?
    Cheers.
    Claudiu

The bindings on my Revolts are mounted dead center. I suggest you start with them dead center on yours as well as that is the norm for most skiboards. If you are in deep powder or feel that you are having to lean back to keep your tips from catching you can adjust them and take advantage of the set-back inherent in the Receptors.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Second the dead center approach. Most boots actually have a line to indicate center of foot. I usually adjust the rear bail so the line on the boot is dead center on the binding, then adjust the front bail for tightness.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
        Second the dead center approach. Most boots actually have a line to indicate center of foot. I usually adjust the rear bail so the line on the boot is dead center on the binding, then adjust the front bail for tightness.
        thanks both for the answers, but first answer was directly related to my situation.
        kirk-your answer is regarded to the BOOT/BINDING connection. i'm interested in your opinion about binding/skiboard connection.
        any advice on that? or do you have the same advice as wookie?

Comment

The boards were designed to have the binding mounted dead centre, and then to mount the boot dead centre in the bindings. You can adjust this for personal taste but always start out with everything centre.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
          Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by saiyajin View Post
            thanks both for the answers, but first answer was directly related to my situation.
            kirk-your answer is regarded to the BOOT/BINDING connection. i'm interested in your opinion about binding/skiboard connection.
            any advice on that? or do you have the same advice as wookie?
            Yeah - completely centered on all fronts. I mentioned the binding bail stuff because people tend to kind of guess at center when adjusting the bails, when there is an easy way to get it completely centered using the mark on the boots.

Unlike traditional skis, your skiboards are designed completely symmetrical and are intended to be rode centered. If you set the bindings back, your center of weight will not align with the center of the sidecut, and it will feel a little "funny" when carving. This isn't much of an issue in real powder where you aren't carving, but for general riding I would always recommend a completely centered stance.

Comment

thank you all!
              i adjusted the bindings the way everyone seems to agree

Comment

Working...
              X