Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What board / binding are you riding this year?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by valmorel View Post
    According to Jjue, set back is the secret to taming the Spliff. Otherwise, yes, suited to aggressive riders
    AGREED! Unfortunately the set-back is not built in for non release bindings so you are either "cheating" the set back with a non-release binding or adding inserts. Would love to see and update of the Spliff with inserts similar to the Sticky Icky Icky. Regardless of your riding style I am sure the setback would also help on powder days.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

• Embrace you inner minimalist and learn to ride your Revolts all over the mountain[emoji3]
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
        Embrace you inner minimalist and learn to ride your Revolts all over the mountain[emoji3]
        What he said, but also be ready to embrace thigh burn.

Nothing 110 cm and under beats the RCs for slaying powder. If you want something that can handle powder and still be competent on hard pack, hold out until the XLs are available again.

As far as the Spliffs go, I'm not a fan.
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
          Nothing 110 cm and under beats the RCs for slaying powder. If you want something that can handle powder and still be competent on hard pack, hold out until the XLs are available again.

As far as the Spliffs go, I'm not a fan.
          Agreed. . . The only thing I'll add is that depending on riding style, there are some of us that love the RC's on all conditions as much as the XL's - even here on the ice coast!

Comment

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
            ........As far as the Spliffs go, I'm not a fan.
            The Spliffs are for experienced advanced elite super cool riders ..... Keep riding, you'll get there one day ..... ZING!

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
            ....... there are some of us that love the RC's on all conditions as much as the XL's - even here on the ice coast!
            Yes, but I've seen you ride you are a superhuman speed freak of nature that carves better than most riders even while sliding on your back.

Besides .... I thought both of you were skiers now (or at least short skiers) given your festering long ski infections should you really be give board advice?
            Boards:
            2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

• Originally posted by Wookie View Post
              I would hold off on making an alternative decision. Greco has the Blunt XLs shown in his 2017 line up graphic so I would imagine he is ordering more and they may be back in stock for the upcoming season. Shoot him an email and check.

I agree with the two board quiver concept suggested by Jack. The RCs for Pow and Soft Snow days. The Revolts for groomer days. This is one way you could go.

This was going to be my suggestion and Valmorel beat me to it. The Spliffs give you a little more width and length plus tip and tail rocker. They are not a pow specific board but have extended capabilities beyond the Revolts and their footprint is only slightly smaller than the RCs. During my Colorado trip last year I rode the Spliffs exclusively the entire time in all conditions. We did not get heavy pow (over 12") but in everything from ice to light pow to soft Spring snow they did great. The RCs require you to really pay attention to your fore/aft balance with their aggressive rocker (more so than the Blunt XLs) and the fore/aft support of the Spliffs is more forgiving and closer to the Revolts. The only caution with the Spliffs is I really think they respond to an aggressive/up right riding style. They really seem to work for me and they would be my board of choice if I lived in Colorado.
              I like the XL advice; I'll email Greco. I like the quiver advice though, too, but I'm glad you mentioned the fore/aft balance with the RC's. I tried the Spliffs and hated them.

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
              Embrace you inner minimalist and learn to ride your Revolts all over the mountain[emoji3]
              I kindof love this advice.

Originally posted by sempai View Post
              If you want something that can handle powder and still be competent on hard pack, hold out until the XLs are available again.
              That settles it. Thanks everybody.
              Rigs as of 2021
              - RVL8 Revolt Trees w/ Tyrolia Attack2 13 Demo
              - Summit Invertigo's w/ Salomon Shift MNC 13 AT Bindings
              with Dalbello Quantum Free 110

Comment

• Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                I would hold off on making an alternative decision. Greco has the Blunt XLs shown in his 2017 line up graphic so I would imagine he is ordering more and they may be back in stock for the upcoming season. Shoot him an email and check.
                Thanks again, Wookie; Greco just hooked me up with a pair of Blunt XL's.
                Rigs as of 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by mikeingram71 View Post
                  I love it when a plan comes together!
                  Boards:
                  2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

Awesome Mike. Good luck this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    The Skiboard Connection
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/

Comment

• Originally posted by alnewt1234 View Post
                      Awesome Mike. Good luck this season.
                      Thanks Alan. Austin, Christina and I got the RMSP+ again. Did you get the same, or did you go with the Epic Pass this time?
                      Rigs as of 2021

Comment

Thanks Alan. Austin, Christina and I got the RMSP+ again. Did you get the same, or did you go with the Epic Pass this time?

Alan moved mang... awesome stating with him though!

Comeback and visit brotha!!!

Comment

• Im going to purchase the Summit Bamboos 110cm looking to mount the Jesters on them and was wondering if there was going to be any problem mounting the Jesters.

Comment

• For the last few years (aside from some testing of other boards) I've been using softflex Revolt Trees exclusively in ALL conditions - from rolling hills here in Wisconsin, to raw mountain (Mt. Bohemia), to the many big mountain resorts around SLC. Ice or slush, powder or moguls.

I finally picked up some KTPs for this year, which will probably take the Revolts' place as my do-it-all boards. Stiffer, wider, shorter, and a more severe sidecut... literally every single thing I'd want to change about the Revolts are embodied in the KTPs. I anticipate having a more authoritative edge - coming from skis, I've always missed the extraordinary stopping power and hold during aggressive carving that the extra length provided... but I'll be damned if I ever snap in to anything over 110cm again in my life :P From experience, I know the KTPs will also provide better powder float than the Revolts did. The limp edge and poor powder performance were the only things I didn't like about the Revolts. The fact that the KTPs are shorter is just a bonus

Been rocking the original Bomber Elite bindings, totally unmodified, since '13... and am likely going to continue doing so until something breaks. Literally the only bindings that haven't popped open on me in over two decades of skiing/skiboarding. And they're holding up beautifully... the leashes are battered to hell and the plastic clips are broken, but the bindings themselves have zero rust, squeaks, or stickiness. Just a few knicks and scrapes from where I've gone tumbling and couldn't avoid clapping them together.
                            Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chvco View Post
                              Im going to purchase the Summit Bamboos 110cm looking to mount the Jesters on them and was wondering if there was going to be any problem mounting the Jesters.
                              Jesters???
                              Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                                Jesters???
                                Marker Jesters

Comment

Working...
                                X