Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What board / binding are you riding this year?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be copying Bluewing this year riding Sherpas with poles. I think it will be the best of both worlds for me, as last season I spent my time split between Condors and K2 Petittors. I'm pretty pumped!

Comment

I'll definitely be slarving on the Blunts, and I want to get some more time in on the cambered Slapdashes. Every now and then I have to take the Jades out just for fun. I had my Summit Customs base ground and tuned, so I need to give those a go again. I still have the RCs I renovated last year to try out as well. Oh, the Xls, those are on the way too.

My favorite set up is hard boots and FF Pros, but I have the Spruce risers for the 110s, and of course I want to give the soft boot bindings a go this season as well.

I've got too many choices, isn't that the beauty of skiboarding?
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post

We really need a big Southern PA meet-up this year. I think we are in for a good season.
        I'm up for that!

Comment

Just confirmed...

I will now get to be spending some time this season test piloting a 135 cm Chimera and a 115 cm Chupacabra.
          Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
          Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
          Full Tilt Boots
          Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

What board / binding are you riding this year?

My setup for this season. Full tilts and Xls on risers

Comment

confused about the swivel factor of the spruce riser

So I was about to ride my new Revolts today for the first time, with the Spruce Riser and Tyrolia Attack 13's.

When I arrived at the ski shop to make sure my boots were adjusted to the bindings, the techs there noticed the riser plate swivels side to side about 1cm. They told me these bindings failed their DIN Test, and they recommended I not ski on them until I talk to the mfr. Tried calling and emailing.

Can someone please tell me why they are doing this (I can post a video if need be), and what I can do to correct it???

Thanks in advance. We have the 4 screws tightened down as tight as human hands can tighten them yet they still swivel. I've done my research and can't find any info on this.

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
              Extract from the blurb about the new 2012 Summit Nomads
              "Custom fit aluminum reinforcement mounting plate:
              An upgrade this season is a thicker (1/16") and longer aluminum plate for enhanced retention for mounting release ski-type bindings. This set up provides maximum retention no matter what bindings you prefer to use (ours or yours).
              "
              Rigs as of 2021
              - RVL8 Revolt Trees w/ Tyrolia Attack2 13 Demo
              - Summit Invertigo's w/ Salomon Shift MNC 13 AT Bindings
              with Dalbello Quantum Free 110

Comment

Originally posted by mikeingram71 View Post
                Can someone please tell me why they are doing this (I can post a video if need be), and what I can do to correct it???
                Yes, I think a video or a few images would help clarify what is going on.

Comment

thanks man; i want to ride these things BAD, but when the mgr of a ski shop tells me something's wrong, i listen. i can send more pics to illustrate that all the screws are screwed in. it's like the screws are so long that underneath the ceiling of the riser, they're able to twist, since the riser is so long. so the tech reallllly clamped down with the screwdriver and still, they still swivel. as illustrated below.

http://s4.postimg.org/9r7stbvml/IMAG0505.jpg
                  http://s22.postimg.org/r7krwtcdd/IMAG0506.jpg
                  Rigs as of 2021

Comment

it's only 1cm. but that's a lot of give. but if everyone's risers do the same thing, i guess there's nothing to worry about. if you hold each end of the riser, it easily moves clock and counter clock. even though all 4 screws are clamped down TIGHT.
                    Rigs as of 2021

Comment

First guess

I would say your riser screws are to long. Don't over tighten you may hurt the board. See if a slightly shorter screw fixes the issue then find correct screw length. Short bad long bad.
                      Twoowt Lions RVL8 Rockered Condor-Revel8 SlapDash "Crayon"-Spuce Mountain "Sherpa" 130 Red Plaid-"125 LE" White Boards-120 "Chair Lift"-Summit Boards "Marauder 125SE"-"Rocker Inverigo 118"-"Custom 110"-"Nomad 99""Jade 87"-2014 Spruce Mountain "Pro Sport Riser" Tyrolia SL 100 Bindings (2 sets-325mm & 295mm settings)-Line FF Pro & FF Cam None Release Bindings-2013/14 Nordica "13/14 Cruise 80 & 60" ski boot

Comment

I wouldn't ride them with movement. Get ahold of spruce or Greco .... Better to be safe!
                        Twoowt Lions RVL8 Rockered Condor-Revel8 SlapDash "Crayon"-Spuce Mountain "Sherpa" 130 Red Plaid-"125 LE" White Boards-120 "Chair Lift"-Summit Boards "Marauder 125SE"-"Rocker Inverigo 118"-"Custom 110"-"Nomad 99""Jade 87"-2014 Spruce Mountain "Pro Sport Riser" Tyrolia SL 100 Bindings (2 sets-325mm & 295mm settings)-Line FF Pro & FF Cam None Release Bindings-2013/14 Nordica "13/14 Cruise 80 & 60" ski boot

Comment

Originally posted by mikeingram71 View Post
                          it's only 1cm. but that's a lot of give. but if everyone's risers do the same thing, i guess there's nothing to worry about. if you hold each end of the riser, it easily moves clock and counter clock. even though all 4 screws are clamped down TIGHT.
                          There should be no give, zero. locked down tight. I would not use them whilst they are slipping in case you damage the riser or the inserts.

IF these are designed the same as the Spruce Risers I have the screws should be M6 30 mm, either hex or Phillips. There should also be a black plastic base plate on the riser that is held in by four black plastic screws. Removing this might cause the problems you are describing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                            There should be no give, zero. locked down tight. I would not use them whilst they are slipping in case you damage the riser or the inserts.

IF these are designed the same as the Spruce Risers I have the screws should be M6 30 mm, either hex or Phillips. There should also be a black plastic base plate on the riser that is held in by four black plastic screws. Removing this might cause the problems you are describing.
                            Thanks for the responses and the help. The black base plate is still on the riser. : )

Greco responded within 24 hours, with "Are both skiboards and risers behaving the same way or is it just one? The following applies if both are behaving the same, if it's just one please let me know. I spoke with Jeff the owner of Spruce and he thinks the cause might be the shop is not used to putting screws in inserts and is not tightening them enough. They should be using a #3 Philips screwdriver (this is key) and with both hands, tightening each screw a good amount and move diagonally to the next until no screw moves at all. You have to go around and re-tighten all the screws a number of times as once you tighten one the others will have more room and will need to be re-tightened until all screws no longer move. There is no need for Loctite because with stainless on stainless once all screws are completely tight they should not loosen."

I'm going to purchase a #3 today and will update the thread w/ the results later. It IS both of them.

Spent the day on head snowblades yesterday instead of risking damage. Still got to show off my revolts to my buddy; he called them "badass", especially in comparison to the blade.

Can't wait to Revolt.
                            Rigs as of 2021

Comment

My plan this season is to take out each of my skiboards for at least one day each at our local resorts which typically have consistent conditions (cold and hard packed groomed). I want to make sure I am not overlooking any of them in my hunt for the better skiboard.

Yesterday, I took out my DS110 with bomber fixies. The original plan was to compare them to the Blunt XLs I was going to borrow from my wife. I was curious how an extreme high camber skiboard (DS110) would feel relative to a rockered skiboard (Blunt XL), back to back. Well as per my review of the XLs, I did not get a chance to do the comparison nor do I think I will anytime soon, LOL.

Next up will be the 2012 soft green and yellow Condors with custom twist out bindings. I have not ridden the Condors for a couple of seasons but the Condors were my go to board prior to that.
                              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                                Yesterday, I took out my DS110 with bomber fixies. The original plan was to compare them to the Blunt XLs I was going to borrow from my wife. I was curious how an extreme high camber skiboard (DS110) would feel relative to a rockered skiboard (Blunt XL), back to back. Well as per my review of the XLs, I did not get a chance to do the comparison nor do I think I will anytime soon, LOL.
                                I have been swapping between the rockered Blunts and XLs and the cambered Slapdashes this season. The differences in ride characteristic are fascinating, and quite dramatic. I am finding the Slapdashes to be so much more user friendly. They seem to skate easier, track straighter, hold and edge better and glide faster than the Blunts. I also feel that I am much more balanced and secure on them. I certainly appreciate the tail support.

After spending a year on the Blunts and conquering terrain I never had before, I now feel lost on them. I can't even believe I'm saying this. Maybe this is just a phase as my skiing progresses, and I'll relearn to appreciate the versatility of the rockered boards all over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X