Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What board / binding are you riding this year?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll once again probably spend most of my time on RC's and KTP's. The Blunts intrigued me last year, and the XL version has done so again this year, but I can't justify the expenditure. My skiboarding budget will go toward lift tickets and travel. As for bindings, I will of course be on my custom Bomber step-ins.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

For park and hard pack KTP 11 with black receptor, for powder and variable conditions RC 12 with bomber elite 2.
      Boards:
      RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
      RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
      RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
      RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
      Bomber Elite2
      RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
      Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
      Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

Last season was my first on skiboards. The awesome spruce 120's brought me down the hills. I will definitely be on those again but picked up a pair of Revolt Trees to try out as well for this coming season. Cant wait! My daughter will be on Head 94's that we picked up from a nice fellow member from here.
        Just getting started in skiboards
        2013 Spruce 120 Chairlifts and risers
        Revel8 Revolt Trees and spruce risers
        Dalbello Axion 11 boots

Comment

Last year were my first on skiboards too... and i'm preparing a brand new binding for my soft boots : FLOW NX2-AT

I love the flow bindings for my snowboards, and this one have aluminium plate and is very stiff : perfect for my skiboards !
          I got some work to complete the hiback and i'm ready...
          Gear: Salomon Access 80/ Tyrollia release bindings / RVL*8 2014 Condor 110
          This year : Flow Boa Boots / Custom Flow bindings/ RVL*8 2014 Condor 110

Comment

Originally posted by Fred.Ride View Post
            Last year were my first on skiboards too... and i'm preparing a brand new binding for my soft boots : FLOW NX2-AT

I love the flow bindings for my snowboards, and this one have aluminium plate and is very stiff : perfect for my skiboards !
            I got some work to complete the hiback and i'm ready...
            Hi Fred.ride.. I actually also had high hopes for the Flow Nx2-At ... I actually converted that binding for skiboarding with a Saavi wing and third strap and SBOL riser ... unfortunately I had a catastrophic failure on a steep slope ... . there are lateral forces on the non buckle side ladder straps when carving aggressively on skibards, that aren't the same as with snowboarding , the stresses I think are aggravated with how there is a full pad on the top of the foot that increases upward and lateral pulling pressures on the non buckle side ladder straps and these forces are distributed better with traditional two strap binding. I had catastrophic pull out of the two bottom non buckle side ladder straps on the downhiill carving skiboard on a steep icy slope. Also if I made the straps tight like I like it my front foot got numb and uncomfortable with riding , never happended with traditional snowboard bindings .. .Although I really like the ease of entry ... I gave up on the Flow binding experiment and went back to traditional two strap snowboard bindings as base bindings...
            see this post ... https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=14988
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
              Hi Fred.ride.. I actually also had high hopes for the Flow Nx2-At ... I actually converted that binding for skiboarding with a Saavi wing and third strap and SBOL riser ... unfortunately I had a catastrophic failure on a steep slope ... . there are lateral forces on the non buckle side ladder straps when carving aggressively on skibards, that aren't the same as with snowboarding , the stresses I think are aggravated with how there is a full pad on the top of the foot that increases upward and lateral pulling pressures on the non buckle side ladder straps and these forces are distributed better with traditional two strap binding. I had catastrophic pull out of the two bottom non buckle side ladder straps on the downhiill carving skiboard on a steep icy slope. Also if I made the straps tight like I like it my front foot got numb and uncomfortable with riding , never happended with traditional snowboard bindings .. .Although I really like the ease of entry ... I gave up on the Flow binding experiment and went back to traditional two strap snowboard bindings as base bindings...
              see this post ... https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=14988
              Hi jjue, i have missed this information ! A flow binding on a snowboard have not this issue, i hope i can fix my boots correctly on these binding, because i love the step-in.
              With my first flow binding who is less stiff than this one, i feel that the boot is well fixed.
              When i will receive the binding i will look this in detail. (The old flow binding have a lock mechanism on each strap) This one is a bit different, i will look closer and let you know.
              Thanks for remembering me the thread !
              Gear: Salomon Access 80/ Tyrollia release bindings / RVL*8 2014 Condor 110
              This year : Flow Boa Boots / Custom Flow bindings/ RVL*8 2014 Condor 110

Comment

I'm hoping to give the 2012 RC a go with 2015 Spruce Risers. My first Rockered board, this should be interesting. Mostly for Pow and After pow days (crud)

But my go to board for clean groomed days are my Slap dash with Bomber bindings.

Comment

I'm going to bed riding the 2015 RCs w/ Snowjam Bindings. Hopefully will be purchasing my Salomon Malamutes by the end of this week so I should be ready to go! Just need those RCs delivered. Only bad thing is since I'm waiting for them to arrive, I can't hit the slopes
                  Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
                  Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
                  Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

Hey everyone,
                    Im on the market for a new pair of Skiboards and need some help. I have been Skiboarding for 2 years and have been riding summit nomad 99s, and last year tried the Spruce Sherpas which I liked but were a little to big for everyday. My nomads have taken a real beating and i'm in the market for new boards. Im 5'11" and 220 lbs and I cant decide what to go with. I am between the Rvl 8 KTP's and the Revolt. I live in NJ and mostly go to mountain creek and camelback PA, with a trip or two to Vermont. Can you guys help me decide on what I should go with or maybe even make a new suggestion.

Thanks

Comment

Blunt XL. The future is here . . .
                      Crossbow (go to dream board)
                      Most everything else over time.
                      Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by Cainnech View Post
                        Hey everyone,
                        Im on the market for a new pair of Skiboards and need some help. I have been Skiboarding for 2 years and have been riding summit nomad 99s, and last year tried the Spruce Sherpas which I liked but were a little to big for everyday. My nomads have taken a real beating and i'm in the market for new boards. Im 5'11" and 220 lbs and I cant decide what to go with. I am between the Rvl 8 KTP's and the Revolt. I live in NJ and mostly go to mountain creek and camelback PA, with a trip or two to Vermont. Can you guys help me decide on what I should go with or maybe even make a new suggestion.

Thanks
                        There's a lot of riders in the southern PA region, you should be able to find someone that would let you try out some boards before you buy.

We could meet halfway if you wanted to try out some ALPs

Comment

Originally posted by Cainnech View Post
                          Hey everyone,

Thanks
                          Any recommendations depend (somewhat) on what you want to do/ride ..... Powder, Park, Cruising, a little of everything? Most guys are going with the Rockered RVL*8 boards (Blunts, Blunt XLs, or RCs) so you might want to consider those. I love my Revolts, they are a great 'do everything' board. I live in South Jersey and split time over the season at all the PA resorts. I would be happy to let you try anything in my quiver (see the signature below). Once the white stuff starts let me know. As ElkCloner says there are a bunch of Southern PA riders so there are plenty of guys to test gear with.

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
                          There's a lot of riders in the southern PA region, you should be able to find someone that would let you try out some boards before you buy.....
                          We really need a big Southern PA meet-up this year. I think we are in for a good season.
                          Boards:
                          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

This coming season I will be back on Summit Marauders, direct mounted with Vist bindings
                            Rockered Condors/Bomber Elite 2's
                            Spruce 125LE's/Tyrolia attack 13 bindings

Comment

Originally posted by graeme View Post
                              This coming season I will be back on Summit Marauders, direct mounted with Vist bindings
                              Born under a wandering skiboard star?
                              Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                              Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                              Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                                Born under a wandering skiboard star?
                                That's just a rumour
                                Rockered Condors/Bomber Elite 2's
                                Spruce 125LE's/Tyrolia attack 13 bindings

Comment

Working...
                                X