Going what way? No image!
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by harpo View Post
      Thanks for the advice. Sounds like the Revolts are what I'm looking for. Is there significant difference in the newer models vs the older chickens (e.g. in flex), like would I be an idiot to choose based on which graphic I think is coolest? :-)
      Cheers.
      The Revolts are boards that have a big following in the skiboarding community. As such, there is a debate over the benefit of the soft flex of the older models vs. the stiffer newer models. You should keep in mind this debate is waged between riders the have ridden a huge array of boards and have a great frame of reference. I would bet that, since you have no frame of reference, you will be happy with whatever you decide to ride. Besides it sounds like you are going to be on the bunny slopes with your kids and not pushing your skiboards to the limit. If that is the case you might not even notice the difference in flex.

If you are still on the fence after all the forum members have chimed in you can always demo a newer and older set of Revolts through the SBOL demo program -- http://www.skiboardsonline.com/p/sbol_demo_program.html . Check out the link for details.
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        Going what way? No image!
        Sorry, busted link. Fixed. Again

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

It's hard to ride boards that you can't stand to look at.
          Maybe if you are like the lady in this ad, you might not care as you might not be able to see them boards anyway

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...l=1#post136974
          Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
          Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
          Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

I think those Blunts with the RVL8 stickers on a white board sure look sweet to me.

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
            My Blunts are going that way LOL

Comment

Disagree with what? I didn't say graphics are more important. I know performance matters most, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's any easier to look down at a graphic that makes your stomach turn. I couldn't do it for long. Let's use the Chickens for example. My wife has a pair with Silver Receptors. Though they look better in person, they still are fugly to me. I'd have to vinyl over them if they were mine. Not everyone wants to go to that trouble.

Exactly my point. Chickens and trees are my favorite revolt graphic. It's completely subjective, and for me...first comes performance, second is price., and a far off third would be graphics.

Last seasons spruce line up gave us two graphics for the same board. I thought this a fantastic idea. I remember the discussions on who liked which board better. It amused me as most of the discussions here are about performance of one board over another.

Jeff changed the way everyone posted for a little while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
              33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                The Revolts are boards that have a big following in the skiboarding community. As such, there is a debate over the benefit of the soft flex of the older models vs. the stiffer newer models. You should keep in mind this debate is waged between riders the have ridden a huge array of boards and have a great frame of reference. I would bet that, since you have no frame of reference, you will be happy with whatever you decide to ride. Besides it sounds like you are going to be on the bunny slopes with your kids and not pushing your skiboards to the limit. If that is the case you might not even notice the difference in flex.

If you are still on the fence after all the forum members have chimed in you can always demo a newer and older set of Revolts through the SBOL demo program -- http://www.skiboardsonline.com/p/sbol_demo_program.html . Check out the link for details.
                I agree with Wookie, seems like most on the board agree with this statement. Maybe we should sticky this as this question comes up all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                  Last seasons spruce line up gave us two graphics for the same board. I thought this a fantastic idea. I remember the discussions on who liked which board better. It amused me as most of the discussions here are about performance of one board over another.

Jeff changed the way everyone posted for a little while.
                  I still prefer my bright yellow-green and red late model Spruce 120s. Fugly? Perhaps but their bright graphics are like Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh's fastball in the lift lines. They let me "give 'em the heat and announce my presence with authority!"
                  Boards:
                  2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                  2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                  2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                  2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                  2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                  2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                  2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                  2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

IMO: You will be happier with the softer flex as a new skiboarder riding at slower speeds since it will hook less. The stiffer skiboards need to be pushed harder/faster to flex and thereby be predictable/controlled. And if they are not being flexed, they want to hook in some conditions. That is why some of us older folks prefer the softer flex for cruising.

But if your heart is set on a newer thereby stiffer model because of graphics, a progressive base angle (0 degrees base angle under foot progressing to 1 1/2 degrees base angle at the contact points near the tip and tail) will tame them. Or go 1 degree base angle the entire length and detune 1 inch toward the center from the tip and tail contact points. I believe some skiboards may be coming from the factory this way already. Try the skiboards out as received and if they do not hook you are in luck. If they hook, add some base edge angle and tip detuning.
                    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Disagree with what? I didn't say graphics are more important. I know performance matters most, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's any easier to look down at a graphic that makes your stomach turn. I couldn't do it for long. Let's use the Chickens for example. My wife has a pair with Silver Receptors. Though they look better in person, they still are fugly to me. I'd have to vinyl over them if they were mine. Not everyone wants to go to that trouble.

Those Chickens look great! Love the way the chicken is peeking around the end of the binding baseplate.
                      In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                      Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                        My Blunts are going that way LOL

Stickers ? You have some catching up to do.

Attached Files
                        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Wow, thanks everyone, what a great discussion. Sounds like consensus is that the flex of the older model will be better for an old fogey like me, so I think I'm going to go for the chickens.
                          Cheers! Can't wait for snow now ...
                          2008 Chickens, 2014 Blunts
                          2014 Spruce Pro Sport Risers + Tyrolia SL100
                          2012 Nordica Enforcer boots
                          Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Comment

Wow, thanks everyone, what a great discussion. Sounds like consensus is that the flex of the older model will be better for an old fogey like me, so I think I'm going to go for the chickens.
                            Cheers! Can't wait for snow now ...
                            Good choice. Order them quick because I think the inventory is low for the Chickens and they aren't being made in that spec any longer.

Let us know how they work out for you and post up a review at http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...isplay.php?f=7 if you get the chance.

I think you will find this to be a very supportive community, so if you have any questions just post them.

Ride them as-is out-of-the-box (well, maybe give them a good waxing first) and see how you like them. If you find them a bit grabby or feel them "hooking" as some do, then a bit of tip and tail edge detuning usually does the trick. If you get in soft snow or any loose or powder more than a few inches deep, putting a bit of weight on the tails is good to avoid tip dive.
                            In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                            Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Chickens ordered! Will report back once the season is underway. Thanks for your help everyone.
                              2008 Chickens, 2014 Blunts
                              2014 Spruce Pro Sport Risers + Tyrolia SL100
                              2012 Nordica Enforcer boots
                              Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Comment

Chickens ordered! Will report back once the season is underway. Thanks for your help everyone.
                                Great choice. Did you also order bindings? If so, what did you order?
                                sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Working...
                                X