Blunt Moods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
    I am so jealous that you are riding the Blunts so early in the season and at such a great resort as Heavenly. I was going to hold off until after the first of December to try mine out because there are so few runs open at our local hills. Your post makes me want to get out sooner. It may have to happen in the next few days.
    Snowbowl is opening on Friday. I hadn't planned on taking the Blunts for fear of damage on the thin man made coverage. But now we are getting up to two feet of fresh powder this weekend, I might reconsider.
    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
      Snowbowl is opening on Friday. I hadn't planned on taking the Blunts for fear of damage on the thin man made coverage. But now we are getting up to two feet of fresh powder this weekend, I might reconsider.
      There should be plenty of coverage as long as it doesn't melt during the week. Just be careful.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Originally posted by valmorel View Post
        Lovely PIC of you two. Looks like a perfect day. Snow conditions look lovely. Did you find the Blunts tiring?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
        Not tiring at all on the groomers, Valmorel, the amazing thing to me is even in chopped up snow the Blunt feels like a 110 but is an 88... I do think, however, that if I was riding deep pow alot run after run , I would get tired quads riding in the back seat and prefer how I can ride perfectly center in all conditions on the RC..
        Boards :
        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
        Boots
        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
        Bindings:
        Zero Pro Non release Binding
        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjue View Post
          Not tiring at all on the groomers, Valmorel, the amazing thing to me is even in chopped up snow the Blunt feels like a 110 but is an 88... I do think, however, that if I was riding deep pow alot run after run , I would get tired quads riding in the back seat and prefer how I can ride perfectly center in all conditions on the RC..
          That's OK and expected of course but it sounds like as a resort board it's an all day ride. Cool. . . .

Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

• Originally posted by valmorel View Post
            That's OK and expected of course but it sounds like as a resort board it's an all day ride. Cool. . . .

OK I tried the blunts with soft boots today. On the first run of the season they seemed a little squirrelly. After a few more runs I felt very comfortable. They were great carvers. I thought I would go to the car to try the RCs with hard boots. As I went to the car to I saw that top strap was missing a nut.
            So I brought out the regular ski boots RC's combo. Now I had to make an adjustment back to the ski boots. All of a sudden It Felt like I was locked in a very forward tilt position in the ski boots and they felt awkward . Now I Missed the soft boots so it must have been an easy transition to the soft boots for me. I plan on riding the soft boots with the Blunts tomorrow again and then switch to soft boots with RC's on Tuesday to compare both boards with the same bindings.

One thing on the bindings. The local shop guy put washers under the four nuts that attach the top added binding strap and replaced the nut that came loose. He said that would secure them better.

Two positives for the blunt/ soft boot combo. One, I did notice the Blunts seemed very efficient to ride especially after riding the RC's later noticing they were harder on my legs. It may have been the soft boots also so I will figure that out when I ride Tuesday in soft boots and RC's.
            Two, after putting on soft boots and then midday going to hard boots. The hard boots seemed WAY Harder to put on. I'll probably post tomorrow more on the ride of the Blunts. Just had to get my immediate impressions out there.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and how they ride all day.

Chad
            64 CM Bigfoot’s
            100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
            110 CM Rockered Condors
            130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

• Originally posted by CAN View Post
              OK I tried the blunts with soft boots today.
              Thanks for the quickie report, Chad ;-) I know, it's tough to do a proper reckoning when you try two completely new things at once (Blunts AND softboot setup).

Comment

• And Sempai ,
                My friends got here late yesterday but forgot his go pro so we'll tape today using my iphone.
                64 CM Bigfoot’s
                110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Thanks for the quickie report, Chad ;-) I know, it's tough to do a proper reckoning when you try two completely new things at once (Blunts AND softboot setup).
                  Bill the bindings risers seemed to add plenty of height to be able to carve well at least as well also can carve The whole setup is so light and It allows you to be in an upright stance which I think leads to less leg fatigue. I was worried about holding up the others with click in release bindings, but they were quick to get into. Overall a great first day. The shop guy also showed me little adjustments as I am snowboard binding newbie. I figure we are going to give these bindings way less on and off wear and tear than the typical snowboarder so I see these things lasting a long time.
                  64 CM Bigfoot’s
                  110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

• Here you go Sempai. Were riding up the lift. Only the green run is open so I can't get much speed up. Wow! I got stiffer boots and these things are now super carvers and feel super stable.
                    64 CM Bigfoot’s
                    110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

• For some reason I don't think the video loaded so I might have to do it later
                      64 CM Bigfoot’s
                      110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

.... Wow! I got stiffer boots and these things are now super carvers and feel super stable.
                        yes , CAN , I was a bit concerned that your original snowboard boots might be a bit soft ... I am a firm believer that the stiffer the snowboard boot you get, the better in the soft boot bindings.... boots vary quite a bit in their stiffness..
                        I tried soft 3/10 flex snowboard boots against my current 9/10 flex snowboard boots , and especially for carving. the stiffer boots were way better....
                        Boards :
                        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                        Boots
                        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                        Bindings:
                        Zero Pro Non release Binding
                        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

• CAN, please keep it coming. I am skiboarding vicariously this winter . . . . .

Go Android

Comment

• Ok. My friend Matt the wonder techie got the video up and running. We are in an area of no to slow internet speeds not fast enough for me to upload so he used his knowledge to get it done . I LOVE the new setup . Thank you to Greco, Jack, Bill and all others getting this board(Blunt ) and Technine adapted binding and riser done. I may never go back to hard boots again! It is the most efficient way of riding I have encountered. Great all day carver. No pow yet to test.
                            Here is the link:

I feel like I should write more but a picture is worth a thousand words right?
                            Last edited by Greco; 11-25-2013, 10:51 PM.
                            64 CM Bigfoot’s
                            110 CM Rockered Condors

Comment

Ok. My friend Matt the wonder techie got the video up and running. We are in an area of no to slow internet speeds not fast enough for me to upload so he used his knowledge to get it done . I LOVE the new setup . Thank you to Greco, Jack, Bill and all others getting this board(Blunt ) and Technine adapted binding and riser done. I may never go back to hard boots again! It is the most efficient way of riding I have encountered. Great all day carver. No pow yet to test.
                              Here is the link:
                              http://youtu.be/XkvVysYPssw
                              I feel like I should write more but a picture is worth a thousand words right?
                              Wow - trench diggers those are. Look effortless to ride. Thanks for posting the video. Glad the setup is working so well for you.
                              In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                              Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

I may never go back to hard boots again! It is the most efficient way of riding I have encountered.
                                Ha ha, Softy :-)

Go Android

Comment

Working...
                                X