Dalbello Axion Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dalbello Axion Boots

I've struggled with boots ... a lot. I've been through 4 pair in 5 years of riding.

I finally found a pair that worked for me in late 2011 (Head I-Type) and have ridden them the last 2 seasons. They are comfy, warm, easy on and easy off, flexible, easy to walk in, etc.

However, the I-Types really started letting me down this season ... not enough heel hold. I tried many things to compensate and nothing really worked. I realized that where my riding is at now, the I-Types just weren't going to cut it anymore.

I have a semi-wide forefoot and kind of wide calves so fit is tough for me. I need at least 102 mm last and even most of those are not fun.

I took a chance with Dalbello Axions this weekend and loved them right out of the gate. They are 103 mm last and have plenty of room in the cuff. They have great heel hold, great lateral stiffness, but still allow nice smooth forward flex. I had to pull the spoiler out of the back and make a cuff alignment adjustment, but aside from that, they were great. I wore them around the house for about an hour prior to riding in them and they did me well today. No hot spots at all, no foot going numb, no crushing of my calves.

I'd definitely recommend these to anyone who needs a bit more boot volume and is a tough fit. They have some nice features and are well built. Also are very warm and once the cuff buckles are unlatched, they are easy to walk in. I compared them to the Full Tilt Booters and I think the Dalbellos are better... not just from a fit standpoint, but also quality of construction.
    Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
    Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
    Full Tilt Boots
    Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

This makes me feel a little better. I just bought the Axion 11 boot, first ski boot ever. Done a little research but most reason was a local place clearing inventory and I got them for $160. I have only used them once but was happy, especially compared to the bowling shoe type rental I used the time before. Dalbellos seem to get decent reviews from what I have found.
    Just getting started in skiboards
    2013 Spruce 120 Chairlifts and risers
    Revel8 Revolt Trees and spruce risers
    Dalbello Axion 11 boots

Comment

I am currently in a pair of Axion 11's that have been pretty good. They are a little heavier than I prefer, but other than that, they have performed well most days. I still am planning on probably switching out to get a pair of Icelantic Stormtroopers since the best boots I have ever worn were the Deeluxe hardshell snowboard boots.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

Ha ha, was talking to Gromit just yesterday about how there had not been a 'fashionable' boot this season. Looks like we spoke too soon LOL.

Go Nexus
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
          Ha ha, was talking to Gromit just yesterday about how there had not been a 'fashionable' boot this season. Looks like we spoke too soon LOL.

Go Nexus
          I guess we are all gravitating back to stiffer boots.
          Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
          Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
          Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
          History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post

Go Nexus
            Funnily enough, we both admired a pair of Dalbello's Cabrio Design boots in a ski shop.
            Though they wouldn't tempt me out of my rear-entry boots. i expect that Valmorel would concur.
            Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
            Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
            Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Working...
            X