Going inverted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going inverted

After yesterday I have this huge urge to get back to my old skating days and get inverted again, but all the feel/muscle memory of it has left my body. I've been throwing mistys, and frontflips into pools since I was old enough to get on a diving board and I think that would be my most comfortable first inverted experience on boards.. Any tips? What size jump to do it on?
    2013 Revolt Trees 105's
    2013 Receptor Red Bindings
    2011 Dalbello Blender Boots

"Sufficient to have stood. Though free to fall." - Milton - Paradise Lost
    "I'd rather ride a broken Revel8 than skiblades." - Talon

If you are comfortable with fronts and mistys, I would recommend starting with a misty. Its much easier to spot the landing, and I think its easier to land backwards anyway. Front flips are easy to throw, but really hard to get the timing right to spot the landing clean.

The biggest difference between doing it on snow and skates is the tips of the board. You have to throw yourself forward a bit more due to the tips. I notice this more on fronts than mistys, so thats another reason I'd recommend them first... plus, they just look a lot better most the time.

For jump size, I personally really don't like flipping anything less than 25' or so. The bigger the jump is, the less you have to huck it just to land feet first. Anything in the 25'-40' range that you are comfortable on would be good to learn on. As long as you can do a 540 and land clean, you should be able to misty.

The only other advice would be as long as you know the rotation, just commit and go for it. Its always unnerving the first time you go to flip a jump in a while, but once you throw one to get the jitters out, it feels good.

Comment

Thanks kirk, i figured it came down to knowing the rotation and gathering kohanes to throw it lol, but the difference between skates/skis will help me not faceplant the first one ha

i've watched this about 40 times now lol
      2013 Revolt Trees 105's
      2013 Receptor Red Bindings
      2011 Dalbello Blender Boots

"Sufficient to have stood. Though free to fall." - Milton - Paradise Lost
      "I'd rather ride a broken Revel8 than skiblades." - Talon

Comment

foam pit! first get those 360's down!

-B
        sigpic

Comment

Working...