North East mid/late March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North East mid/late March

I'm in Northwest CT, about 30 minutes from Mohawk and Sundown. I'm not really considering either with the recent weather but maybe something farther north or west? Maybe either of the two will still be good? Any places still worth going to at this point? I'll have some free time next week and hopefully a little more before April hits.

I'm planning on picking up some ski boots on Friday (3/15) and may place a demo order to get something in for next week or just take the snowboard and hope to borrow some skiboards if I go with anyone. I'm essentially a beginner all over again on the snowboard so I guess either way it'll be a learning experience. I'm just not sure I want to wait until next winter to try these out, they look like so much fun.

My friend is going to Okemo this weekend so I can post a report after I hear back from him. I have been to Whiteface in Lake Placid in mid to late March and it has been good. I'm sure the more northern resorts in VT and NH still have good enough conditions and a lot of terrain open.
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Thanks. I look forward to hearing back. I'm going to try and watch the weather up there for the next few days.

Comment

Killington

I will be up there 3/28 & 3/29

Comment

My friend was at Okemo Saturday and Sunday and conditions were great with a ton of terrain open and great grooming. Looks like Okemo is still going strong.
          In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
          Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

This Saturday 3/23 there will be a lot of skiboarders up at Mt. Snow for the Spring Steeze East. I had originally planned on going, but now am at about 50% chance due to realizing my girlfriend's birthday is this Friday...

The easiest way to get better is to ride with those better than you, and there should be quite a few guys there! If you go, get directions to the Carinthia parking lot - its right at the base of the Mt.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I'm planning to hit Butternut tomorrow after practicing skating around the yard tonight, so long as the boards arrive. I was thinking of doing the season pass thing at butternut, seems like a great deal, and going there this weekend as well but I'll think about Mt. Snow. I've wanted to check it out since I haven't been in so long therefore I might make that trip.

Comment

Bhd if you want a ride to mt snow I'm glad to take people up with me
                33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

a $ & a dream !

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                  Bhd if you want a ride to mt snow I'm glad to take people up with me
                  Hey there.. I'm out in Queens & would like to up to Vermont this weekend. I've headed up with people on this forum before, but it has been a while since I've done so.

Any way I can discuss this with you to make this last minute dream a reality ?

Thanks
                  I'm the MC wit the Hammer that is Too Legit To Quit !

Comment

Never summer, call or text. 631-235-8223
                    33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Zach, your message box is full. I'm not that close to any of the interstates so I'm guessing if I were to catch a ride the best thing would be meeting at a commuter lot somewhere.

Comment

Sadly I can't offer the whole day for a Mt. Snow trip. I should be able to manage a few hours to somewhere more local though. At least I'll get some more time on them and hopefully work on balance and feel. Assuming everything is as enjoyable as last time I'll probably keep the demo and hopefully next year get out with some of you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bhd1223 View Post
                          Sadly I can't offer the whole day for a Mt. Snow trip. I should be able to manage a few hours to somewhere more local though. At least I'll get some more time on them and hopefully work on balance and feel. Assuming everything is as enjoyable as last time I'll probably keep the demo and hopefully next year get out with some of you guys.
                          Come to mountain creek on Sunday in NJ.
                          I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Working...
                          X