No announcement yet.

Looking to buy my first setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flex is all about personal preference. A stiffer board will allow more aggressive carving and can be better in the park. A softer flex yields a damper (not as jarring) ride and is more forgiving. Body weight is also a factor since a heavier rider will be able to flex stiffer boards. Think of a flex like the suspension on a motorcycle. A soft suspension gives a great ride, but it won't hold grip at speed. A stiff suspension is great for fast turns on a smooth track, but the rider will feel everything on a choppy public road.

If you like the graphics on the Chickens, I'd go with them. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Revolt Junk Shows are stiffer and sexier.
      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by rystock View Post
        so ive convinced my parents, but as for what boards, ive been looking at the revolt chickens, but ive heard they are a bit flexy, any opinions on the matter?
        I also agree the Revolts are the best all-around boards, especially for your specs. They are flexy, but you being 150lbs, I honestly believe you're a really good weight for them. I rode Revolts up to 200lbs, and I didn't think they were too soft.
        Boards
        Revel8 2011 Condor
        Revel8 2009 Revolt "Condor Graphic"
        Revel8 2008 KTP

Bindings
        Tyrolia Attack 13 on Spruce Risers
        Bomber Elite II

Boots
        Nordica 2012 Double Six
        Salomon 2010 Impact 8 CS

Booze
        Crown Royal
        Maker's Mark
        Tito's Handmade Vodka

Brews
        Pabst Blue Ribbon
        Bell's Hop Slam

Injuries
        2012 - (Left) Torn MCL
        2013 - (Right) Torn Deltoid Ligament & Tibial Fracture

Comment

alright im going with the chickens, and black 2013 receptors, sorry dave, but the one thing im concerned about is the length with non-releaseables,could i easily break a knee or something?

Comment

Release bindings mainly protect against spiral fractures, but they can certainly help with preventing knee injuries. Since you're almost 6' tall and will continue to grow (I didn't top out until my early 20's) you should be fine with non-release bindings on the Chickens. Just make sure that you pace yourself as you get comfortable with the boards. For some people, skiboarding just clicks, and they can tear down the slopes on the first day. That's great, but the danger is in overconfidence. Even if you feel comfortable quickly, make sure you take the time to learn how to really control the boards. Practice stopping at different speeds with plenty of control, and concentrate on your edge control while carving. Being constantly aware of your edges is the best way to keep yourself from getting into a bad situation. Also, try to ride with some more experienced skiboarders. Watching people who are more advanced than you is a great way to learn and increase your own skill
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Thanks crazyboy,
              Okay, i lied about my height, i just measured, im more like 5'8", but one last question, i keep going back to ktps, i really like the look of chickens and how they are great for all mountain but everyone says ktps are amazing, so should i go for those? Or, is there really no difference between the two.

Comment

I'm 5'7" and I ride the Condors non-release, no problems yet.

KTPs and Revolts are both great all mountain boards but I think they would feel very different (I've ridden KTP not Revolt). Most people are saying get Revolts because they are a blend of all the features and are good at everything, while the KTPs are really stiff and wide, but are also good at everything, I don't really know how to explain it...they are different but the same haha...if you are really torn then just pick your favorite graphic, you will like either board.

Comment

Thanks mhealy, and everyone who helped me with choosing the right boards, i am going to buy the chickens with the black revl8 non relase bindings i am soo exited, i hope i can meet up with some of you at sometimen thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X