Replacement binding breaks for Salomon 610

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement binding breaks for Salomon 610

I have a set of Salomon 610 bindings on risers that currently use leashes.

I'm now bored and a little jealous of skiers who can just drop their ski's and shove their foot in the binging without having to faf with leash buckles.

I can see where the break would attach to the binding, its an easy job and I can find a few breaks for other bindings such as the Salomon z series but don't know which will fit?

Has anyone got any advise on this one? They will need to be wide ones as mounted on Revel8 Revolt Trees.

In the UK btw so would be great to find some locally?

I swapped brakes that were too narrow for wide brakes on my Salomon 610 bindings last spring. I poked around and can't find the receipt for the online purchase or any of my information on which model brake I used, but I know it can be done. I couldn't find a set of wide brakes listed for the 610 so I found the closest model in Salomon's line-up. I had the benefit of having the existing brakes so I could do a visual comparison online.

My suggestion is find an online retailer that sells in the UK that as a selection of Salomon brakes and give them a call. They might be able to help you figure out which model will work. A local ski shop might be able to as well. Make sure you know what width brake you need to get.

I am pretty sure these are the brakes I purchased: http://www.usoutdoor.com/salomon/sal...FUXf4AodNSwAFw
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

The Z10 and Z12 wide brakes will fit. Check ebay . If suggest you keep the early leashes on powder days.
      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

I ended up in my local ski shop, small independent one called Skee Tex. Ordered and done withing a week.

Comment

Originally posted by smith69085 View Post
          I have a set of Salomon 610 bindings on risers that currently use leashes.

I'm now bored and a little jealous of skiers who can just drop their ski's and shove their foot in the binging without having to faf with leash buckles.

I can see where the break would attach to the binding, its an easy job and I can find a few breaks for other bindings such as the Salomon z series but don't know which will fit?

Has anyone got any advise on this one? They will need to be wide ones as mounted on Revel8 Revolt Trees.

In the UK btw so would be great to find some locally?
          THat should do you for a local source:

http://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/shop...ing_Brakes.htm

On the leashes note. I use spring coiled leahes (as sold here on SBOL). I find them far more convenient than tape leashes. Hre is a topic with a video on those leashes in action.

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=14309

You might be seduced by the quick step-in of brakes, but that day when you wipe-out on a steep slope and only come to stop halfway down, you'll be happy for the leashes, instead of having to struggle all the way up the hill to recover your boards. I still think it is easier to get skiboards back on, on a steep hill than skis. You can physically clip them back on to your boot with your hands, instead of having to stand-up and try to balance whilst trying to step in, Just saying ...
          Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
          Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
          Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Call me crazy, but I picked up a pair of risers and release bindings ( never rode release bindings before). They came with brakes. I don't even see where you would attach a leash to them!

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!
            33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
              Call me crazy, but I picked up a pair of risers and release bindings ( never rode release bindings before). They came with brakes. I don't even see where you would attach a leash to them!
              The little slot in the heel piece of the SL100 binding.
              Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
              Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
              Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

I guess I'd have to use a different pair of leashes. The old line leashes I have have very small loops on them. Now, to take the bindings apart and get those brakes off!

33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                  I guess I'd have to use a different pair of leashes. The old line leashes I have have very small loops on them. Now, to take the bindings apart and get those brakes off!
                  Zach, If they're Salomon bindings, then they'll be retained by a single screw and a piece that sort of hooks them into the baseplate. Once you have got the brakes off the bindings, you'll see two twist rivets which hold the brake arm mechanism to the heel piece. Grasp the heads with a pair of pliers and just twist them out, counter-clockwise. The brake arm assembly should then lift away. Remove the brake arm and spring from the assembly and then re-attach it to the heel piece with the twist rivets. Replace the heel pieces to give your boot heels a platform to sit upon.
                  Last edited by Gromit; 10-05-2013, 12:41 AM. Reason: Added missing step.
                  Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
                  Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
                  Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

They are the sl100's

I'm going to wait, having never ridden these before and my secret jealousy of skiers dropping them, stepping in and going. Combined with the fact that as much as I challenged myself last season, I only fell once ( when the old man in shorts and a huge grey Santa beard decided to cut my off on the double black) I don't foresee many falls in my future.

I have not however ridden anything this long ( 125's) nor rockered. They are actually right next to my front door with my boot bag and my trusty KTP's waiting for the first snowfall and that first trail to open...

Hopefully soon!!!!!

Also have a pair of blunts on order... Maybe my new favorites?

I'm going to wait to rip my new bindings apart till after I ride them a few times though.

33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Working...
                    X