Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Rockered Condors and Rocker Bindings Unboxing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Rockered Condors and Rocker Bindings Unboxing!!!

SANTA ARRIVED EARLY

I'm Chris Ofsthun, I'm a Disabled Air Force Vet after 10 years working on C-130 cargo aircraft. Now that I'm partially paralyzed, and have very little strength in my hands, I can no longer use poles so I decided to try Skiboards. I grew up on Ski's, Snowblades, and the occasional snowboarding trip so I can't imagine Skiboards being very difficult to pick up. I'm stoked to hit the slopes next weekend for the first time in years and I will be at Shredfest V as well.

I pre-ordered these about 2 months ago and they arrived today.

I was very careful removing them from the box as to not let them get scratched until they hit the snow for the first time.

I am very pleased with the quality of the boards and bindings. I will be hitting Steven's Pass in Washington the Sunday before Christmas to test them out so I will post my review of how they ride after being away from the snow for 10 years.

Great looking set up Chris. I look forward to reading your first ride report.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Those look really sharp! Congrats!!
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I put my boots on and tried them on standing on my living room rug. They feel very stable and I think they are going to be fantastic on the snow. I do still need to wax them and bevel the top edge a bit before I hit the mountain. I'm trying to find the time to hit up Stevens Pass the weekend before Christmas so we will see if I can squeeze in a day on the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shoes View Post
          I put my boots on and tried them on standing on my living room rug. They feel very stable and I think they are going to be fantastic on the snow. I do still need to wax them and bevel the top edge a bit before I hit the mountain. I'm trying to find the time to hit up Stevens Pass the weekend before Christmas so we will see if I can squeeze in a day on the snow.
          I hear they got a record 49 inches in twelve hours during the last storm, should be perfect for your new RCs.

Have fun!
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Yes that was a few days ago. They have a serious amount of snow going on. I may go first thing that Sunday morning and ride till afternoon. I have somewhere I have to be Sunday evening. I should just make a trip out of the entire weekend but I did promise my family I would be there for Christmas.... who needs family when you have a mountain to tame?

Comment

I finally got a chance to take the new RC's out for a run. I went to Mt Ashland here in Southern Oregon. It is a steep mountain with a few Blue Square runs and almost all Black Diamonds. The Mountain received 12" of new snow the day before so it was looking like a perfect powder day. We arrived at 9AM and immediately hit the closest slope which was a Blue Square to test them out. On the groomed runs the RC's really were a lot of fun. I felt like I had complete control and could turn so easily. Once we cut through the trees, I found out what knee deep powder was like. Instantly I was laying on my back realizing that the muscle memory is still there from Skiing. I kept leaning back but after trying a few different riding positions I figured out that low and tucked was best. I felt like a guerrilla but I found it's the most comfortable position with the best balanced stance. Once I figured that out, I was quickly carving down moguls and the steepest of terrain. I had so much fun that I'm going to hit Mt Shasta next weekend and see how they do when the hills are not as steep but with more terrain to ride fast.

This is a view down into the bowl that was closed off yesterday. We went around the left side and cut back into the powder in the lower left corner of the picture. The powder was knee deep and the Rockered Condors were amazing. I even had some great comments from the staff and other skiers/snowboarders.

Comment

Looks like you had the perfect conditions for the RC's with all that powder. I'm glad you enjoyed them. They're my go-to boards right now. I remember the first few times riding them I had the same experience of ending up on my back because I thought I still needed to weight the tails.
                RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
                X