Midwest Meet 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Courtney View Post
    Thanks for the update! I'll likely get back home around 12:30 - 1:00am Monday after Midwest Meet. Unpack, repack, then I'm on a plane to CO that day

That's what I call easy travel... my trip is gonna be a nice, at least 17 hour road trip with 4 cats ... What area are you gonna hit the snow out there? ( I assume that's the purpose of your travel.. )

Comment

• Originally posted by h2opete987 View Post
      I think I'm going to have to drop out. There are more expenses to buying a house than I was expecting. Once again, I will ave to shoot for next year, or maybe the round II trip.
      Totally understand. Hopefully you can make it another time!

Originally posted by snow4you View Post
      That's what I call easy travel... my trip is gonna be a nice, at least 17 hour road trip with 4 cats ... What area are you gonna hit the snow out there? ( I assume that's the purpose of your travel.. )
      Yeah that sounds like a lot less fun! I'll be hitting up the Breck / Keystone area with a friend from NYC.

Comment

• Thanks for the PM reminder about shirt orders, Courtney. That was the first thing I saw this morning when I got on the forum. I sent you an order for an XL short sleeve. Work has been so crazy lately that I haven't even really had a chance to check the forum in a few days.

With that in mind, it looks like I won't be able to spend a whole week at Bohemia as I'd hoped. My workload is just too heavy to take that much time off, so I'll just be there with you guys for the weekend.
        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• When are people going to be showing up on Friday? Early enough to ski?
          www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
          DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
          Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
          GGO soft boot bindings
          Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

• Originally posted by bee View Post
            When are people going to be showing up on Friday? Early enough to ski?
            I should be there when they open or close to it. I might even be staying in Houghton Thursday night.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Just a heads up everyone: the hill opens at 10:30 on Friday and 9:30 on weekends.

I'll be arriving around opening on Friday.

Comment

• Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it this year. I got a new job and it requires I miss 0 days of my 7 weeks of training. I may be able to make a trip somewhere else this year but Bohemia is unlikely.
                Revel8 ALPdors
                Gold Revel8 Receptors
                Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                ____
                Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

• Next year Dennis!

I leave my house after my daughter goes to school, so around 8. Arrive 1-2pm so there will be time for me and whomever is with me to ride in the afternoon. I'll then setup and grill out some meats! If you aren't a meat eater you'll probably want to think of an alternative, or we'll also have snacks along too.
                  Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• Do we need to bring anything for the cook out?
                    -r-
                    2011 ktp's
                    k2 haymaker boots
                    Ride binding
                    GGO Spine
                    GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

• I don't know why I got put in the "maybe" pile, I'll definitely be there, and I don't need lodging, being only an hour away. If people are planning to ride on Friday, I can do the same.
                      '10 Revel8 Revolt "Bullseye"
                      '07 Revel8 ALPs (Thanks, Wendell!)
                      '13 Spruce 120

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
                        I don't know why I got put in the "maybe" pile, I'll definitely be there, and I don't need lodging, being only an hour away. If people are planning to ride on Friday, I can do the same.
                        I'll get that fixed. Thanks!

Comment

• Hello all,

I've been given the green light to bring the rockered Spruce 125 cm prototypes to the meet for people to try out. If you are interested in riding these sweet gems, please bring your set of Spruce risers & bindings. Mine may not accommodate those with differing boot sizes.
                          Boards/Bindings:
                          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
                            Hello all,

I've been given the green light to bring the rockered Spruce 125 cm prototypes to the meet for people to try out. If you are interested in riding these sweet gems, please bring your set of Spruce risers & bindings. Mine may not accommodate those with differing boot sizes.
                            Very cool Scott! I don't have any release bindings, but I'm looking forward just to seeing them

Comment

• Things are looking hopeful for the triple chair.

***December 14th update***
                              Good news! The gearbox is scheduled to be shipped before Christmas based on the update as of Friday, December 14th. The triple chair should be operational by January 7th.
                              This date is subject to move forward or back. We will give you further updates as we receive more information.

Get your powder legs ready everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by nudelles View Post
                                Do we need to bring anything for the cook out?
                                -r-
                                Bring whatever you want. I will be bringing brats, burgers and hard rolls (yes they are buns, but way better). I'll also have chips and condiments for all to eat/use. Can't stop the tradition! Do bring some stuff to drink and some snacks for the rest of the weekend. I'll also cook breakfast on Saturday and we go to Joey's for seafood on Saturday night. Other than that it's either pub food or whatever you bring for snackage.
                                Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                                X