Midwest Meet 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Bohemia's announcement.

MOUNT BOHEMIA $99 SEASON PASS WILL BE GOOD EVERY DAY THIS SEASON!

We would like to thank everyone for filling out the e-mail surveys that went out over the past few days. Almost 2,000 surveys were completed as of today. The information allowed us to better understand what was important to the customer and what was not as important. Based on the information from the surveys it is overwhelmingly clear that Mount Bohemia customers want us to leave the $99 season pass as it is and not make any changes.
    The $99 season pass sale will take place online at www.mtbohemia.com on Saturday December 1st.
    What do you all think? Should we stick to the original plan? Or do we try to plan for a different hill?

Comment

• Honestly, I'm so used to lift lines at my home 'mountain' that it wouldn't even phase me. Stick to the plan.

Comment

• I agree. I'm not really up for another mountain myself. I look forward to Bohemia every year now. I'd be ok with pushing the meet back into February, though, if people want to do that to avoid lines.
        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Agreed. I think sticking with our original plan will be worth it.

There's nothing like Bohemia, plus it's an affordable experience. Lodging and tickets are reasonable, and we already have a yurt secured.

Who knows, maybe this thing will get fixed sooner than expected

Comment

• Maybe I should call them up and ask what part they need. If it's a machined part, I could offer to make it at work. I'd require a lifetime season pass in return of course.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
              Maybe I should call them up and ask what part they need. If it's a machined part, I could offer to make it at work. I'd require a lifetime season pass in return of course.
              Just start talking about elastimers(sp?) and they'll agree to whatever you say!
              Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• Durometer

Comment

• Big Powderhorn and Blackjack up in the U.P. got over a foot of snow yesterday. If you look up the weather for Bohemia, it's been snowing there and more snow is in the forecast.
                  Boards/Bindings:
                  2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                  2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                  Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Great to hear!

Reminder:
                    $99 season passes go on sale this Saturday (December 1, 10AM - 5PM Eastern). Buy online at http://www.mtbohemia.com

I'll send out PMs on Saturday too just in case.

Another Reminder:
                    Now would be a great time to send in your lodging payment and secure your spot in the yurt!

Comment

• sending a pm out to remind people also would be a great idea. I know it would be helpful.
                      -r-
                      2011 ktp's
                      k2 haymaker boots
                      Ride binding
                      GGO Spine
                      GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

• Interesting, just got ANOTHER survey from Bohemia, now they are talking about a $159 2 season pass. Interesting that they are putting this out there. I wonder if they got a lot of feedback from people saying they wouldn't buy the pass this year...
                        Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• Like Tim, I work in the industry. This whole time I've been thinking that this could have been taken care of, but they're taking the cheap way and trying not to have to suffer for it. I'm thinking that the surveys haven't given them the supportive feedback they were rooting on. So here comes the expensive fix, which there always is one. This two pass deal is a great way to increase more revenue prior to opening. If I was a betting man, they're looking at an expensive fix to get the lift operational before the season starts.

Comment

• Yup, that makes a lot of sense. Getting more money up front is always nice, especially with big fixes that may damage this year's profits.

I'd be down to pay $159 for a 2 year pass. There's always a risk involved in doing a longer commitment, so a lot of people could end up buying the 2 year and not even using it both seasons.

Comment

• I... I hate to say it but I may be in this year for real. I've got a full time job lined up at a call center and if I can get the time off to ride and for travel, there is no way in hell I won't ride. Can't wait to ride with the MW crew again. Keep an eye out for my new gear.
                              Revel8 ALPdors
                              Gold Revel8 Receptors
                              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                              ____
                              Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                              If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

• I haven't gotten any more communication from Bohemia since the last survey. They had mentioned two different pass levels in the one, but I thought the $159 was meant to be an anytime pass in the event that they decided to limit the $99 pass. I'll be interested to see what choices there are when passes go on sale on Saturday.

Just so you guys are aware, I may already be at Bohemia prior to the weekend of the meet. There is a good chance that I will be in the Detroit area on the 19th, and I'm toying with the idea of proceeding from there to Bohemia. I figure I can spend Monday through Thursday in the hostel yurt and then switch to the one with you all on Friday. I would still need to catch a ride back to fly out of Milwaukee, though, so don't give away my seat in the Pilot. I'm still working on all the logistics, but so far it looks very doable, and I think it would be a lot of fun to spend a week at the mountain.

Comment

Working...
                                X