Midwest Meet 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Meet 2013

The fourth annual Midwest Meet will once again be held at Mount Bohemia, MI (in the Upper Peninsula)

Bohemia's Website: http://mtbohemia.com/

"Mount Bohemia has the longest runs with the highest vertical and deepest powder in the Midwest. Bohemia is all-natural, and has no problem without snow guns. The average snowfall in the Keweenaw is 273 inches. The lake effect snow is dry similar to western resorts and accumulates as powder which is untouched because we do not groom. Bohemia's two new sections; the Outer limits has 100+ acres of inbounds backcountry skiing with 17 new runs even longer and trickier than before."

When?
    This year the event will be held January 25-27.

Lodging
    Each year we reserve cabins at the base of the mountain. Each cabin has a bathroom and sleeps four (two bunkbeds). These have worked out well and were very affordable.

Lift Tickets

For the past few years several of us have taken advantage of the $99 season pass deal which has worked out really well. You can also purchase lift tickets each day for around $50. If you plan to arrive earlier and ride Friday, definitely check into the season pass deal. Last year we also made a 2nd trip out to Bohemia, so the $99 season pass is perfect if you're considering making 2 trips.

Carpools
    Minneapolis, MN: Courtney - Driving from Minneapolis. Room for up to 2 people, can pick up from Minneapolis airport (MSP).

Green Bay, WI area: Andrew - Driving from Green Bay area, room for a couple people.

Milwaukee, WI area: Nick - Driving from the Milwaukee area, able to pick up at airport.

If you're planning to drive and are willing to carpool let me know and I'll add your information here.

Feel free to contact Courtney or adeehr for more information.

Midwest Meet 2012

Schedule:

January 25 (Friday)
    Arrive / Ride (depending on when you arrive)
    Cook Out
    Stay in Cabins

January 26 (Saturday)
    Ride
    Eat Dinner in Town
    Stay in Cabins

January 27 (Sunday)
    Ride
    Head home at the end of the day

Who's coming?
    We'd like to get a tentative list going of confirmed and maybes. Please post and let us know if you're maybe coming or definitely coming and we'll add you to the list.

Definitely!
    Courtney - PAID
    Andrew (adeehr) - PAID
    Tim (CrazyBoy-1) - PAID
    Marshall (Mavrick) - PAID
    Tyler (Tphelps927) - PAID
    Nick (ZwingZ) - PAID
    Eric (Mr. Bluesky) - local
    Ryan (nudelles) - PAID
    Russell (Bee) - PAID
    Tyler (tylerlough)

Maybe
    Krisztina (snow4you)
    Matt (matthew)

If you're hoping to make it let us know and we'll put you here.

Lodging this year for the Midwest Meet will be in Yurt #1 at the base of the mountain. The total cost estimated per person will be $73.25 which includes all taxes and fees for lodging.

Payment for lodging can be sent via paypal to: altrealitygames@yahoo.com

Yurts:
    Sleeps nine (bunk beds and pull out couch)
    Bring your own linens or sleeping bags, towels and pillow
    Bathroom
    Shower
    Sink
    Heated
    Electricity

So don't forget the sleeping bags or sheets. That's new this year, the cabins always had linens, but not the yurts, so remember that.

Attached Files
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Here's the video from our 2nd trip out to Bohemia later in the season after Midwest Meet 2012.

Back To Bohemia

Comment

Put me down as a maybe. Assuming that Marshall is planning on going I'd ride with him. Since we're within 20 minutes of each other.

-Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Tphelps927 View Post
          Put me down as a maybe. Assuming that Marshall is planning on going I'd ride with him. Since we're within 20 minutes of each other.

-Tyler
          Awesome! I added you to the maybe list.

Comment

Why am I not already on the list of definites? You know I'm going to be there. There is much tree Nolaning and material properties evaluation to be done.

But seriously, count me in once again. I was actually just watching last season's edit this past weekend. It's hard to believe that this is the fourth year of the event. Bohemia has honestly become my most anticipated event of the season. There is really no place like it.

I know we say this every year, but everyone needs to get in gear and train up for the event. I've been working out about four days a week for the past four months, and I'll hopefully keep it up. I'll still probably fall all the time, but at least my legs won't be begging for mercy after the first day...I hope.
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
              Why am I not already on the list of definites? You know I'm going to be there. There is much tree Nolaning and material properties evaluation to be done.

But seriously, count me in once again. I was actually just watching last season's edit this past weekend. It's hard to believe that this is the fourth year of the event. Bohemia has honestly become my most anticipated event of the season. There is really no place like it.

I know we say this every year, but everyone needs to get in gear and train up for the event. I've been working out about four days a week for the past four months, and I'll hopefully keep it up. I'll still probably fall all the time, but at least my legs won't be begging for mercy after the first day...I hope.
              Mark the man down!

About 3 weeks ago i started jogging and biking extra to get my legs in shape. I did a lot of wall sits last year so I was in good shape for the event, just didn't start with the right gear. Now that I know the wall sits worked out so well I'm doing this and going to start doing those to get prepared. I told Courtney today that I'm riding all 3 days this year, no old man excuses!!
              Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

Comment

That's what I want to hear. We need the whole group out there this year as much as possible.

Are you planning to go with the Rocker bindings this year, or will you stick with hard boots?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Why am I not already on the list of definites? You know I'm going to be there.
                  Deal!

Comment

Are you planning to go with the Rocker bindings this year, or will you stick with hard boots?
                    I'm going to stick with my Risers this year. I wasn't comfortable at all last year in the Rockers, being that I had only been out on them once before. Not saying they can't do POW, I'm sure they'd work just fine for a better rider that's more used to them, but that wasn't me last year. After I jumped back in the Risers I was set. Unless you want me to bring them so you can try, I won't even pack them, one less thing to take up space!

Comment

If I come across a killer deal on some soft boots, I'll ask you to bring the Rockers along. With Bohemia being what it is, though, I'm hesitant to try anything too new there.

By the way, I call dibs on any bottom bunk that isn't under Nolan.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not missing this. I too have been off season training. Also, going on 7 months smoke free so Im hoping to ride more and bitch less...hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
                          Also, going on 7 months smoke free so Im hoping to ride more and bitch less...hoping.
                          We'll see about that

Comment

I should be there going to try this instead of shredfest

-r-
                            2011 ktp's
                            k2 haymaker boots
                            Ride binding
                            GGO Spine
                            GGO Middle Man

www.skiboardbindings.com

GGO co-founder

Comment

Originally posted by nudelles View Post
                              I should be there going to try this instead of shredfest

-r-
                              Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X