Cross Blading/Urban Blading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Blading/Urban Blading

For quite a number of years , I have inline skated the local bike trails using rubber tipped cross country ski poles. I enjoy it and think it feels similar to cross country skate skiing , my wife thinks it a little geeky for me to be skating with poles and keeps wanting me to ditch it ... but often I get comments like "hey dude too bad there is no snow"! I have been somewhat embarassed to admit this use of poles with inline skates here ... kind of how I am somewhat embarassed to pull out poles with skiboards ... And especially in the company of all you young dudes doing those amazing tricks on your skates... but turning 60 this year .. means I am an old codger and can be now given lee way to look un cool !! LoL... little did I realize that my use of inline has now become cool !! got to show these vids to my wife so doesn't keep trying to take my skate poles to Goodwill !

http://crossblading.com/
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Haha, never feel bad for reppin' your own style. We all have different ways of doing things and i have seen people poleing on inlines. it looks kind of fun can't say i've boarded with poles before other than an extendable one to film with but it's all good as long as you're enjoying it
    Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
    *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

Comment

It looks really fun. I actually live 5 minutes away from where they were in the first video. Weird.
      sigpic

Comment

It looks like a great workout, I never felt comfortable with poles skiing. I know I wouldn't on skates either. I say if you want to use poles, more power to you. I was actually out on inline skates this past weekend, the first time in ten or so years. I've been using quadlines ( see vid for example) the past few years, but I thought I would give inline another try. I wasn't nearly as stable as I used to be, but hopefully some practice will take care of that.

Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Working...
        X