Aggressive Inline skates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LugeDude View Post
    Ok, I choose the Valo Tv 3's. I have bunions which suck so much but its not bad. My foot fits fine into my Salomon spk's and there snug and comfortable. Will my foot fit fine into a pair of Tv 3's or should I look at a different skate. I need to know because I have to order online due to lack of skate shops.
    Those Roces like nice man! I like them in white...

I used to ride way back in the 90's and a lot of technology has changed... but a lot is the same. The anti-rocker was my last setup and that was progressive in 95-96.

Man I am old...

Comment

Originally posted by cyborg View Post
      Here's how you should start - call some shops, such as ShopTask, Aggressivemall, Revolution Skate shop, etc, and ask them what their return policy is. I think they understand that it's hard to try skates on with a general lack of inline shops these days, and they are also skater owned shops that want your business. See if you can buy a boot (or two) and return them if they don't fit. If you take advantage of sales or discounted other items, the few bucks return shipping shouldn't be an issue. With your bunions, the boot will make or break inlining for you. So make sure you do it right!
      A few days ago I told shoptask my issue and they replied in less then 1 hour with a option. they said to go with the valo jj so I can mould my foot in and it has a wider boot. But thanks anyways.
      sigpic

Comment

A few days ago I told shoptask my issue and they replied in less then 1 hour with a option. they said to go with the valo jj so I can mould my foot in and it has a wider boot. But thanks anyways.
        Awesome! So are you set?

A little off topic, but still relevant - Have you considered a powerblading set up? The bigger wheels open a whole new set of trick and they are amazing to ride on many surfaces (whereas small aggressive wheels just suck almost anywhere outside of a nice skatepark). I love powerblading and freeskating setups, personally, and I feel like one of the reasons the sport started to wither was because aggressive skaters got so focused on infinite variations on grinds. There are probably a hundred different grinds. And the average person, or even someone educated like a bmxer or skateboarder, will really barely notice the difference. Although powerblading gets a lot of hate, it's loads of fun. In my opinion, if you have to have one set of skates, make it one with 76mm-84mm wheels that you can also do grinds on. You'll never get bored in them

Comment

Originally posted by cyborg View Post
          Awesome! So are you set?

A little off topic, but still relevant - Have you considered a powerblading set up? The bigger wheels open a whole new set of trick and they are amazing to ride on many surfaces (whereas small aggressive wheels just suck almost anywhere outside of a nice skatepark). I love powerblading and freeskating setups, personally, and I feel like one of the reasons the sport started to wither was because aggressive skaters got so focused on infinite variations on grinds. There are probably a hundred different grinds. And the average person, or even someone educated like a bmxer or skateboarder, will really barely notice the difference. Although powerblading gets a lot of hate, it's loads of fun. In my opinion, if you have to have one set of skates, make it one with 76mm-84mm wheels that you can also do grinds on. You'll never get bored in them
          Well I was thinking about powerblading, but I felt since I am new to Inline Skating, I would just stick with a regular aggressive setup.
          Once you think about it, I live in calgary, there is 1 skatepark, the roads are old, or covered with gravel from the winter, and I want to go fast, it would be a good choice. I sorta knocked out the Valo jj because people notice the whole soul plate rips off from the boot, so im going with xsjado, which I hear are good for powerblading. So how easy is it to do grinds on powerblades?
          sigpic

Comment

Well I was thinking about powerblading, but I felt since I am new to Inline Skating, I would just stick with a regular aggressive setup.
            Once you think about it, I live in calgary, there is 1 skatepark, the roads are old, or covered with gravel from the winter, and I want to go fast, it would be a good choice. I sorta knocked out the Valo jj because people notice the whole soul plate rips off from the boot, so im going with xsjado, which I hear are good for powerblading. So how easy is it to do grinds on powerblades?
            I think powerblading can be a good way to start, because you have so many options. Get a different frame and wheels sometime later, and you have an aggressive set up as well.

I hear the xsjados are great, especially because they have an enormous soul plate, making soul grinds easier. Soul grinds, from what I hear, are generally just as easy. Frame grinds depend on your set up:

something like this will be fairly similar to aggressives for frame grinds http://powerblading.org/setups-184/ (and will be what I likely will go for soon, with the slimline frames and 80mm anti rocker set up)

and something like this http://powerblading.org/wp-content/u...howerblade.jpg will be virtually impossible to frame grind.

If you think you might ant to try frame grinds, my advice is to get something like the second set up, with either Kizer Advance or Level 2 frames, with 8 wheels for a flat set up, and then 4 anti rocker wheels that you can swap on for an anti rocker set up.

Comment

I am loving the look of this frame!
              Last edited by Greco; 02-02-2013, 07:48 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I am loving the look of this frame!
                That's the level 2. It's designed for 76mm flat set up. The issue that I, and I believe some others, have with the way it is set up in the picture is that the "groove" for grinding is mostly flat; therefore, it won't be easy to lock in to a grind. If you ran some anti rocker wheels, that might help. Compare that tot the large groove on the slimline 2 http://powerblading.org/wp-content/u...13/01/80mm.jpg

Although I have never skated either set up, I know that it will be way easier to lock in on the skate that I posted above than if the level 2 frame was skated as is in the picture you posted.

But yeah, that is a sick looking skate there. I would be afraid to scrape it up!

I thought I would share my personal set up - I am running a mostly stock (except sifika liners) gm fusion 84. I used to run a 80mm powerslide fsk, but went for the gm because of the versatility. At the time, I wasn't really working on grinds much and was beginning to get interested in parkour and multi terrain skating (e.g.rolling through grass into a drainage ditch). Now, I'm feeling grinds a bit more, but still into the parkour skating, and will probably swap some slimline 2s on soon

Comment

Thanks, I just ordered some Xsjado 3 skelaton with some of theese ---------> http://www.kizer-skate.com/sample-pa...eestyle-type-m

I will get a powerblading frame later on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I just ordered some Xsjado 3 skelaton with some of theese ---------> http://www.kizer-skate.com/sample-pa...eestyle-type-m

I will get a powerblading frame later on.

Nice! I am eager to hear what you think of the Xsjados. When the snow is gone (and I hopefully have some $$), I think I will get a pair of them. The footwrap appeals to me, since I never feel like I can consistently get my skates to hug my feet in the right way. Plus, the easy on/off and having shoes underneath is great for going inside places when you are out skating (get a drink or candy bar, stop in a store, etc) and make them much more viable to use for commuting.

Comment

Because this seems to come up every now and again, here's my standard answer for advice on picking out beginner skates.
                      • Any Razor SL style boot: Genesys boots had a lot of flex and they had assymetrical soles front to back. They're good, but SL's (Super-Light) should be better for most new riders. SL's have a wide flex range and great, fast, well balanced (in terms of size) souls. Starting with the A2 model they've been making these for a few years so you can find them new or used.
                      • Any non-carbon Valo boot (usually named under the "TV" model line): Valo makes good quality stuff, and they maintain a lower-price market offering with their non-carbon options. Same as above, flex is nicely adjustable and souls are well balanced. Keep in mind that Valo sizing is a little odd (consistently small, width varies with non-carbon/carbon boot styles) so check on that before you buy.
                      • Xsjado boot: If you want to get weird, the Xsjado design is totally different but can be great for beginners. The souls are very big and balanced, making it easier to learn grind tricks. They're light, which also helps you begin to work on jumping and spinning.

Boots from most other brands are ok too (RB, USD, Remz, Nihm, etc) but the above are my suggestions to get people started. After that you can learn your preferences and explore the product offerings of other brands if you are interested in a different fit/feel.

www.sfc-usa.com

Comment

Working...
                      X